Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Bars Eggless
Have you heard of SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES ever? Who am I kidding? Yes you have :D. Snickerdoodle cookies are Cinnamon Sugar Cookies and I have made these in bar forms that too eggless – Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Bars Eggless ! Sounds like a good plan, right?
Well, this is not my genius idea. I found this recipe at The Baking Chocolatess and fell in love with the simplicity of the recipe. If you know me, I am all about simple recipes and easy ingredients…not much fancy is happening here.
Remember my post about THE BEST EGG SUBSTITUTE IN BAKING , a week ago? That post is going to be handy here to make the recipe eggless. Do give it a good read, if nothing else then for general knowledge. If you are allergic to eggs or run out of eggs, that post will come in handy.
Can I share another great news about this recipe? Hold your breath!! YOUR PRE TEEN OR TEENAGER CAN BAKE IT TOO ! YES! My 13 year old baked it under my supervision. There is no chance of spoiling it. It is that straight forward and easy recipe.
I think I am going to bake all my cookies like this now. It is such a convenient and efficient way of baking cookies. No extra time needed to refrigerate the dough or shaping it. Just make the dough, spread it out and bake and cut and eat. EASY? RIGHT?
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Sugar - ⅔ cup
- Butter, unsalted at room temperature - ½ cup or 1 stick. If you are using salted butter, then skip the salt from recipe
- Vanilla Extract - ½ tbsp
- 1 Egg Substitute - 1 tbsp flax meal dissolved in 3 tbsp warm water (read the post about egg substitute as mentioned above)
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- In a small bowl mix all purpose flour and baking soda together with a fork and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar for topping and set aside.
- Take a big bowl and add butter + sugar to it. Beat them together with electric beater till the mix is pale light in color, for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, egg substitute and vanilla extract to the mix. Beat them together for another 30-40 seconds.
- Now add all purpose flour mix to the batter. Take a wooden spoon or fork and mix all the ingredients together till there is no dry ingredient left from mixing.
- It will form a thick dough.
- Transfer this dough to the prepared greased baking pan and spread it out with evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with generous amount of cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes, till the cookie dough is set and edges are slightly golden brown.
- DO NOT OVER-BAKE or the cookie bars will be tough.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let stand for 7-8 minutes.
- Now take a knife and cut the baked large cookie square into small or large pieces of your choice. I cut out 16 squares out of that.
- Eat these fresh.
- OR store them in air tight container, once completely cooled down.
The ingredients that you can order from amazon to bake thee beauties are mentioned below. It will help me earn a small commision to run the blog.
In my Kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!