Kung Pao Spaghetti Hot Spicy Noodles
Kung Pao Spaghetti Hot Spicy Noodles is the perfect recipe that is easy, simple and oh-so delicious. It is made using Spaghetti with Asian flavors of Spicy Kung Pao. A perfect Chinese Take-Out dish is now Vegetarian and can be enjoyed at home.
- 16 ounce/1 pound /450 grams Spaghetti You may use Hakka Noodles if desired
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 5-6 Green Scallions / Green Onions sliced thin, white and green part separated
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets small, optional
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 4-6 whole, dry Red chillies omit it if you do not want too spicy
- 1/2 cup Peanuts Dry, roasted, skin removed
Kung Pao Sauce / Marinade
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Vinegar, white distilled
- 2 tbsp Chili Paste or Sauce Use 1 tbsp for medium heat
- 1 tbsp Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch/ Corn Flour
- 3/4 cup Cold Water
Prepare the Spaghetti or Noodles
Making Kung Pao Sauce and Marinade
Take a large bowl or deep cup. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and chili paste to it. Give it a good stir. Add 1 tbsp corn starch and cold water to the same cup/bowl. Mix it well till corn starch is dissolved well. Set aside.
Making Kung Pao Spaghetti Hot Spicy Noodles
Heat oil in a large pan. Add whole red chilies, ginger, garlic and white part of the green scallions/onions. Stir it well on medium heat for few seconds till red chilies crisp up.
Now Add the Kung Pao Sauce/Marinade to the pan. Bring it to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and add peanuts, broccoli florets and boiled spaghetti or noodles to the pan.
With the help of tongs or 2 large forks or 2 large stirring spoons, give spaghetti a good toss in the kung pao sauce so that the noodles are well covered with sauce. Let cook on medium for 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle with Green part of the scallions. Kung Pao Spaghetti is done. Serve it hot.
For Vegan options - use egg free or dairy free noodles or spaghetti. Also, in place of Soy sauce, you can use Tamari sauce. Read the Instructions of your ingredients carefully.
For Glutenfree options - use wheat or refined free noodles or spaghetti. Read the Instructions of your ingredients carefully to make sure that these have no wheat or gluten in it as stabilizer etc.
You may use other vegetables like green string beans, baby corn, carrots, wate chestnuts, bamboo shoots, zucchini etc to this recipe, if you want.