Vegetarian Taco Soup Instant Pot Recipe
This Tex Mex Style Vegetarian Taco Soup Instant Pot Recipe is very easy & simple to make. It is bold and full of flavors. Your family is going to ask or it again and again.
- 1 medium or 1/2 cup Onions finely chopped
- 3 large or 1 cup Tomatoes Puree these or use finely chopped. I use canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup Black Beans canned and drained
- 1 cup Corn kernels fresh or frozen. I used frozen
- 1/2 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Salsa mild or medium. I used medium
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Nacho Chips or Tacos roughly crushed
Oil & Spices
- 1/2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Smoked Paprika or any Paprika of your choice May use Red chili powder
- 1 tsp or to taste Salt
You may use 1-2 tsp of Taco seasoning instead of all the spices mentioned above.
- 1-2 tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Jalapeno finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp Cheese shredded I used Mexican blend
- 1/2 Lime cut into wedges or slices
Gather all your ingredients and Watch the Video above the Recipe Card for good understanding. Now follow below.
Place the inner pot inside the Instant Pot and Plug it in. As soon as the screen displays HOT, add oil to the pot. Wait for few seconds and then add finely chopped onions, jalapenos and garlic. Give it a good stir and cook for about 2 minutes till onions get soft.
Add black beans and Corn Kernels. Give it a good stir and add diced or pureed tomatoes. Give it another good stir.Now add chopped cilantro and mix again.
Add 1/2 cup of mild or medium hot salsa. It depends upon how spicy you want your soup to be. Stir again. Now add all the spices + salt or taco seasoning (whichever you are using). Add salt carefully since the salsa and canned tomatoes both have salt added to it. So start with a little at first and then add more if desired.
Add water and stir again. Cancel the Saute Mode. Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and set the floating valve to SEALED.
PRESSURE COOK / MANUAL MODE
Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and set the floating valve to SEALED. Set the timer to 2 minutes High/More.
Once the timer goes off and cooking is complete, follow QPR (quick pressure release). As the safety valve drops down, open the lid carefully. Give it a good stir. Your Vegetarian Taco Soup in Instant Pot is ready.
Ladle Vegetarian Taco Soup in serving bowl. Load it with Shredded Cheese, finely chopped Onions, Tomatoes, and Jalapenos. You may squeeze some Lime Juice if you like. Many people add some sour cream or chopped avocado as well.
To finish the garnish, add roughly crushed Taco chips on top. In few minutes these chips will become soft and add so much more texture to the soup. Add more for crunch as well.