Green Beans & Caramelized Onions with Cranberry Chutney
This Green Beans Recipe with Caramelized Onions & Cranberry Chutney is a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving. It is a quick and easy recipe packed with tones of flavors.
- 1 pound Green Beans, String/French fresh and whole
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, Red Thinly Sliced
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese optional, skip to make it Vegan
- To Taste Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Cranberry Chutney or Sauce of your choice
Heat olive oil in the pan. Add garlic and onions to it. Cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes till onions are golden red.
Now add washed green beans, salt, and black pepper along with lemon juice. Toss it well. Lower the flame and cover with lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes till they are slightly tender but still crisp.
Open the lid. Add 1 tsp of cranberry chutney. Toss well. You may add roasted almonds or pine nuts for more crunch.
Serve warm. This is such a delicious and hearty side.