Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Jar
Yummy & Light Pumpkin Cheesecake made in Mini jars and cooked in Instant Pot is a thing for Holiday. It is so easy to make and perfect to make your family happy.
Instant Pot 6 quart or Mealthy Multipot
electric egg blender or hand blender
4-ounce mini Canning Jars
- 1 packet/ 8 ounce Cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream room temperature
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree, unsweetened not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- 12 Graham Crackers
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
Prep the Crust
In a Food Processor, add graham crackers & Sugar. Pulse till you get fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse till it all combines well. Now distribute this crumb equally in 7 mini jars (4-ounce canning jars). Press them down lightly. Refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes till you work on the filling.
Prep the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
Making Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake in IP
Place the inner pot inside your Instant Pot. Plug it in. Add 1&1/2 cups of water to it. Place the Trivet in it. Bring out the refrigerated mini jars. Fill them up with about 1/4 cup filling each. Level them out. Tap on the kitchen counter to get rid of any air in between.
Cover all the mini jars with a piece of aluminum foil. Place them side by side on the trivet. A 6 quarts IP can easily accommodate small jars side by side on the trivet.
Place the lid and close it. Put the valve on SEALING. Set the timer for 6 MINUTES on Manual/Pressure Cook Mode. Once the timer goes off, follow NPR (natural pressure release). Take the jars out. Remove the foil. Let these sit on the counter till these come at room temperature. Now place the lids of these and refrigerate at least for 4-6 hrs before eating.
Important Tips to Remember when making Cheesecake in IP
- Make sure that you use CANNING JARS that are made to sustain the pressure under extremely hot conditions. Ball's make such Mason Jars and easily available at your local grocery store or Amazon.
- Always cook it covered. Cover with a piece of foil and then cook it. That avoids condensation to settle on top of the cheesecake.
- Always bring out the ingredients like Cream cheese, egg & sour Cream to room temperature before starting the process. It is not only easy to process through the method but also makes the cheesecake airy & light in texture.
- Always add egg towards the end in the filling. And incorporate it gently only till it is mixed. An egg is acting as a binding agent. If you will over mix it, it will affect the texture of the cheesecake.
- Never serve/eat cheesecake right out of the refrigerator. Always take it out and set it on the counter for 10-15 minutes before serving. That lets the cheesecake come at the right temperature to be enjoyed fully texture-wise...airy & light. Or else it can be very dense when right out of the refrigerator.