Easy Black Beans Salad Recipe
This black bean salad is so easy & quick to make. It's healthy, vegan, gluten free, oil free & weight watchers friendly. Great for summer picnics, get togethers, potlucks & light meals.
Servings: 4 servings
Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cups, Stirring Spoon,
Chopping board and knife
Instant Pot 6 quart or Mealthy Multipot
- 1 cup Black Beans, dry see notes
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels, frozen & thawed see notes
- 1/2 cup Red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes, cherry finely chopped. see notes
- 1 large Avocado cut into 1 inch cubes, de-seeded
- 1 small Jalapeno chopped & seed removed. Can use 1 tbsp canned chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1&1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp Paprika or to taste
- 1 large Lime juiced about 2 tbsp or to taste
Please read the Recipe first before starting.
ALWAYS read the notes at the bottom for tips, suggestions, substitutes & storage.
How to cook Black Beans in Instant Pot?
First of all wash 1 cup of Black Beans Dry in running water in Strainer for few times. Then soak them in 3 cups of water over-night. (If you do not have time to soak the beans over night then the time will increase). Drain the beans and add to the Inner Pot of the Instant Pot with 1 tsp salt & 2 cups of water.
Now PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 15 minutes and then follow NPR. This will yield soft black beans. In case you want the beans with some bite, then pressure cook for 12 minutes and follow NPR.
Drain any excess water/liquid to use for salads. You can use this liquid in other soups & stews. Do not throw it.
Your INSTANT POT BLACK BEANS are ready to be used in this SOUTH WESTERN SALAD.
How to make South West Black Bean Salad Recipe?
Making this South West Black Bean Salad is super easy like 1-2-3.
Wash the vegetables in Kitchen Colander and then Chop into small pieces. Take a large Mixing Bowl. Add cooked black beans, corn kernels, chopped onions & tomatoes, cilantro leaves, jalapenos, avocado, Salt, Paprika & Cumin powder & Lime Juice. Mix all the ingredients gently using Salad Tongs.
The BLACK BEAN SALAD is Ready. For best results, refrigerate it for few hours before serving.
More Mexican or Tex Mex Recipes
You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter & You-tube for regular updates. And don’t forget to sign up for our E-Letter whenever we publish a new post.
Check out our AIR FRYER RECIPES.
Can I substitute the Freshly Cooked Black Beans with the Canned Black Beans?
Yes you can. This is the beauty of Black Bean Salad. You can either use freshly cooked Black Beans or Canned Black Beans.
How do I use Canned Black Beans in this recipe?
When using canned black beans in this recipe, make sure that you drain the black beans and then wash under running water. And then use these in the salad.
What other kind of BEANS can I use in this recipe if I do not like Black Beans?
If you do not like Black Beans, then you can use cooked Pinto Beans, Red Kidney Beans, or a combination of both.
What kind of corn can I use?
You can use frozen, or canned or fresh corn kernels in this recipe.
- If you use frozen corn, then thaw it completely before adding.
- To use canned corn for this recipe, drain it & then use it.
- When using fresh corn kernels, blanch these lightly in the hot water. Drain & use.
How can I personalize this Bean Salad?
You can easily personalize it by -
- Choosing and adding any vegetable to this SUMMER BEAN SALAD.
- Many folks do not like Corn in the salad, you can easily skip these.
- If you do not like heat in this Summer salad, then skip the jalapenoes.
- Or you can add Grilled Corn to it.
- Crunchy Bell Peppers pair well in the recipe.
- If you do not want to add the spices separately, then add 1-2 tbsp TACO SEASONING to it.
What can you pair this Black Bean Salad with?
- This Bean Salad is a complete meal in itself. It works well as a complete light meal packed with protein and fiber & has great complex carbs.
- You can serve it as a meal or a dip along with Nacho Chips.
- Or stuff in a Tortilla and grill with some cheese in it to make Quesadillas.
- You can stuff your STREET TACOS with it too.
Is this Black Bean Salad Healthy?
Yes this is a HEALTHY BEAN SALAD.
- Black Bean Salad is Vegan, and Gluten-free.
- This Bean Salad is packed with protein, complex carbs and fiber.
- The Summer Salad is Oil-free.
- Skip the corn kernels, then it is Diabetes friendly Salad & weight watchers friendly Salad too.
- It is Heart Healthy & Filling as well.
Can I make this South Western Black Bean Salad ahead of time?
Yes absolutely you can. Just do not add avocado in the salad ahead of time or it will brown. Add avocado before serving and mix well.
Can I double the recipe?
The Black Bean Salad can easily be doubled. Double the quantities of all the ingredients. You can triple it too.
How do I store the leftovers?
Leftovers can easily be stored in refrigerator in an air tight container.
How long does the bean salad last in fridge?
Black bean salad will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 8 hours. If you'd like to store the salad for a longer period of time, I would recommend omitting the avocado, as it will start to brown in the salad. Without the avocado, this salad will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Recipe Kitchen Tools
Chopping board and Knife
Measuring Cups & Spoon
Serving: 1person | Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 353IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg