Blue Cheese Spinach Walnuts Braided Bread made with Salemville® Blue Cheese is the perfect appetizer to put together and slow down amidst the Holiday Madness. It pairs well with Coffee, Tea or Wine.
Blue Cheese Spinach Walnuts Braided Bread
Click here to enter the GRAND GIVE AWAY by Salemville® Cheese
Raise your hands if you are going crazy, loosing your mind and getting panic attacks!! I do not blame you if you are in the maddening situation, given that the holidays are just few days away.
I was trying to find the exact meaning of HOLIDAY…..you won’t believe what the dictionary says…Holiday is a day of festivity or recreation when no work is done. LOL!
For a day like that when we need to take a break and get nothing done, we turn our worlds upside down. Making the lists, surfing the web for that perfect gift, making numerous trips to the mall, staying late at night to wrap the presents and not to forget the stress of hosting the holiday parties…it all takes a lot of our time, energy and effort.
I know, I know it is all worth it. Believe me, I am an equal partner in crime here. We all need to slow down in the middle of the madness sometime, take a moment, breathe deep and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It is important to do that to maintain our sanity so that we can actually enjoy what we are doing.
Blue Cheese Spinach Walnuts Braided Bread is that easy appetizer that you would like to make again and again to either feed yourself or your friends & family. Few readily available ingredients and Salemville® Blue Cheese is all what you need to make this delicious holiday appetizer.
I recently had an opportunity to try Salemville® Cheeses and I have to confess that their cheeses are one of the best cheeses I have tasted.
Salemville® award-winning blue-veined cheeses are crafted in the heart of Wisconsin, America’s Dairy land. Their cheeses are renowned for their smooth, earthy flavor that perfectly accentuates burgers, salads and cheese plates.
The line’s rich and creamy texture is dotted with gorgeous veining and serves as the perfect counterpart to dessert wines. These cheeses are rich in calcium and contain no preservatives or chemical additives. [ Source – Salemville® ]
DO NOT FORGET TO ENTER THE $1000 WORTH GRILL SMOKER GIVEAWAY BY SALEMVILLE!
This is how to make the Blue Cheese Spinach Walnuts Braided Bread and take a moment to Slow Down for the Holidays with Salemville® Cheese.
Blue Cheese Spinach Walnuts Braided Bread
- 1/4 cup Salemville Amish Blue Cheese
- 1 packet Pizza Dough or Puff Pastry Dough or Flat Bread Dough ready to bake
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup, packed Spinach washed & Chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup Walnuts Chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp Dried Cranberries or Raisins chopped roughly, optional
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce Adjust to taste, if required
- 1 tbsp Marianra / Pasta Sauce
- Refer to this picture when braiding the bread, as per instructions given below. Also will post this picture at the bottom of the post for more clarity.
- Preheat the oven at 420*F or as per the instructions given at the back of the dough packet, you are using. Line a baking tray with parchment paper/butter paper and set aside.
- Take a bowl and add chopped spinach, walnuts, cranberries, hot sauce and marinara sauce to it. Mix all the ingredients gently. Set aside.
- Prepare your clean kitchen counter. Spread some dry flour on the working surface and roll the dough out in at least 12inch x 9inch rectangle or a good shape rectangle, as your dough allows.
- Now divide the rectangle into IMAGINARY 3 parts, length wise.
- Mark and cut about 1 inch wide strips on the 2 outer sides of the rectangle. They are attached to the middle part. The outer 2 sides of the rectangle will now have 10-12 strips each side.
- Make sure that you leave at least 1&1/2 inches of space on both the ends of the middle rectangle. Take the cream cheese and spread it out evenly on the middle long rectangle. Now spread the spinach and walnuts mix evenly on top of the cream cheese.
- Take 1/4 cup of Salemville Amish Blue cheese and crumble it. Spread these crumbles evenly on top of spinach mix.
Braiding the Bread
- Before you start braiding, take care of the top and the bottom parts of the middle rectangle. Take the top part of the rectangle and bring it over the stuffing and seal gently at the ends, making a kind of pocket. Repeat the same with the bottom part.
- Now start Braiding. Bring the top dough strip from the left side to the center covering the stuffing. Try to stretch gently and press down gently on the edge.
- Now bring the dough strip from the right side to the center covering the stuffing and crossing over the first strip. Try to stretch gently and press down gently on the edge.
- Finish braiding the bread like wise, alternating between the strips from left side and right side, till you finish.
- When finished braiding, brush the top lightly with melted butter. Pick it up gently and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, as per the instructions given at the back of your dough packet. Or Bake till slightly golden in color.
- Take it out. Let rest for 5 minutes. Cut it into thin or thick slices and serve it warm.
Now tell me honestly, isn’t this the perfect THING to take away the stress from the HOLIDAYS and slow down a bit.
The Braiding Steps Pictogram for your reference. ⇓⇓
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY BY CLICKING ON THE PICTURE ABOVE ⇑⇑
These are perfect appetizers even to take to your HOLIDAY GET TOGETHERS. There are numerous possibilities with Salemville® Blue cheese.
Can’t make it now? PIN Blue Cheese Spinach Walnuts Braided Bread for LATER!
Do not forget to enter the Salemville® Cheese GIVE AWAY, which is a GRILL SMOKER valued at $1000. It is the perfect gift for him, either it is your dad, your husband, your grill master wife, your partner or your son who likes to cook.
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!!