Meatless Monday calls for a full meal sometimes. Grilled Cauliflower Steaks in Home Made Buffalo Sauce, served with Mint Quinoa and Parsley Chives Yogurt Dip is one such meal! Firey, Grilled and perfect for summers.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks in Home Made Buffalo Sauce, served with Mint Quinoa and Parsley Chives Yogurt Dip
Kitchen Equipemnts Required
Microwave safe bowl and Blender
Dry Red Chillies, whole – 4
Garlic cloves – 2 big
Distilled white vinegar – 1 tsp
Soy sauce – 1 tsp
Kashmiri lal mirch powder or fancy paprika – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Hot water – 3 tbsp
Butter, cold – 1/2 tbsp
1. Take a microwave safe bowl. Add water and dry red chillies to the bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes. Bring out the bowl and add rest of the ingredients to soak in hot water along with chillies, besides butter. Soak for 10 minutes.
2. Take the blender and add all the ingredients from the bowl to it along with cold butter. Blend till it is smooth. Buffalo hot sauce is ready.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
Kitchen Equipments Required
Chopping board, knife, electric grill or you may grill in the pan too.
Cauliflower Steaks – 4 steaks, half inch thick. From steak I mean, flat thick slab of cauliflower cut from in between.
Hot Buffalo Sauce – 2 tbsp
1. Slather the hot buffalo sauce on both sides of the cauliflower slabs.
2. Heat the electric grill to medium high. Place the cauliflower slabs on the grill. Cook from each side for about 5-6 minutes each, till caramelized. Cauliflower Steaks are ready.
1. Toss 1 cup of cooked Quinoa with some finely chopped mint, lemon juice and salt. Mint Quinoa is ready.
Parsley Chives Yogurt Dip
1. Take the blender. Add 1/2 cup thick yogurt, salt to taste, 1 tsp chopped parsley and 1/2 tbsp chopped chives to the the blender cup. Give it a quick churn and dip is ready. Yogurt Dip is ready.
Take a plate. Layer 1/2 cup of mint Quinoa on it. Layer with Cauliflower steaks, some yogurt dip, lemon slice and some fresh garden salad on the side.
Enjoy a complete meatless meal on Monday!