Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertisers. All opinions are mine alone. #GiantEagleDelivers #CollectiveBias
The Vegetarian Cantina Salad Bowl is the perfect wholesome meal that is easy, efficient, delicious and nutritious. It is made with everyday ingredients and is made possible with Giant Eagle Curbside Express Delivery .
New Year and New Me
Given, the coldest winter in many years in America and getting used to the temperatures, my OCD is not working well. I can not have it MY WAY OR HIGH WAY, anymore. It is tiring me out, mentally and physically, with raising 2 kids and a husband who is traveling for work, most of the time.
So, my resolution for this year is to –
- Be a better Planner and Organizer.
- Ask for HELP, when needed.
- Incorporate more of the Easy, Efficient and Nutritious Meals in the Family Menu.
Thanks to Giant Eagle Curb Side Express Delivery , I can envision myself this year, achieving my goals more effectively.
Yesterday, the schools had announced the closure for today, given the brutal temperatures. I knew that the kids would be home today and hungry the whole day. The refrigerator was empty besides few of this and few of that.
I told the kids that they should stay at home, while I would make a quick trip to Giant Eagle and grab some stuff to make their favorite TEX MEX Vegetarian Cantina Salad Bowl for tomorrow. They wanted to tag along to the store, which I obviously denied.
There was a complete chaos about it. My husband recommended that we should try the Giant Eagle Curbside Express Delivery . The service came as God Send HELP. I ordered what I needed online and the groceries were delivered today at the scheduled time. To my pleasant surprise, the fresh produce quality was prime and intact. They had packed the groceries neatly.
Why I Ordered with Giant Eagle Curbside Express Delivery
I ordered Online with Giant Eagle Curbside Express Delivery because it is easy, convenient and absolutely a no hassle 3 step process.
- Go online, set up my account and Order.
- Relax till my grocery arrives.
- Open the door for delivery, accept my order and cook a healthy meal for the family without wasting my energy in running around.
I followed these EASY STEPS to order online with the Curbside Express Delivery
Getting Started & Placing Order Online
I clicked on this ⇒Giant Eagle Curbside Express Delivery⇐ to get started. Then pressed on Shop for Pickup / Delivery and then hit START SHOPPING. I selected SHOP ONLINE, as mentioned in the selected store, near my zip code.
Then pressed the drop down MENU on the top left. I selected MY ACCOUNT and then sign in or create an account and log in. After I logged in, I attached my Advantage Card to my account. It loaded up my shopping history and made it easier to plan the grocery list.
I started adding produce and groceries that I wanted to buy in my SHOPPING CART, by typing the item in SEARCH BAR. I added fresh produce like onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, lettuce, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro from the fresh produce. Giant Eagle products like Instant Brown Rice, canned black beans and sour cream were also added to my list to make Vegetarian Cantina Salad Bowl.
When I searched the products, it gave me many options to choose from. For example, when I searched for Lettuce, it showed me a variety of lettuce available at the store. I selected Ice-berg lettuce and added in my notes to pick a small and crispier Lettuce to my cart. You can add special instructions for your personal shopper for any particular product.
Along with adding fresh produce and canned Giant Eagle Items, I added some bulky items like Kitchen Towel Rolls along with the fresh produce. Since, there is always a mess to clean and never enough kitchen towel rolls to clean it up.
Proceed, Confirm, Check Out & Pay
Once I was done placing the order, clicked SHOPPING CART icon on the top right. It took me to the order placed. I double checked the quantities and the brand and hit PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
Then clicked on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT again and selected the DELIVERY option.
On the next page, I clicked DELIVER MY ORDER. There I confirmed the Address, Delivery Date and Time. Then I selected CONTINUE WITH DELIVERY.
On the PAYMENT page, I chose the option of PAY ONLINE.Then I selected CONTINUE.
It CONFIRMED the order, time, date, and location of delivery. And it is all done. SIMPLE & CONVENIENT!
Benefits of using the Giant Eagle Curbside Express Delivery Service
- I was able to manage my Time and Money Better.
- Though I did not shop my groceries personally, my personal shopper took care of my requirements. She/He made sure to follow my grocery list and the given instructions. That was such a relief to know that my groceries are handled by an actual person and not a robot.
- Since I used the Giant Eagle Curbside Express Delivery service for the first time, I paid no extra fee.
Vegetarian Cantina Salad Bowl
Thanks to the Express Curbside Delivery, I could make this delicious and comforting Vegetarian Cantina Salad Bowl without any fuss while staying put on my target of Better Eating and Good Budget & Planning.
This is how you make the Vegetarian Cantina Salad Bowl. Accompany it with restaurant style salsa.
The recipe has 5 components – The Black Bean Salsa , Fresh Pico De Gallo, Fajita Mix Vegetables, Cilantro Lime Crema, Preparing Brown Rice from the Box.
Vegetarian Cantina Salad Bowl
Fajita Mixed Vegetables - all the fresh vegetables were ordered online with Giant Eagle Curbside Express Delivery
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 large Onion cut into thin slices
- 1 small Zucchini cut into thin coins or slices
- 1 cup / 5-6 small Bell Peppers cut into thin slices
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 2-3 Button Mushrooms cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Fajita Seasoning I ordered online with Giant Eagle Express Delivery
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 can Black Beans I used Giant Eagle, ordered online with Curbside Express Delivery
- 1 cup Salsa Medium Hot
Easy Pico de Gallo - all the ingredients ordered with Online Curbside Express Delivery
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves chopped fine
- To Taste Salt
Cilantro Lime Crema - all the ingredients ordered with Online Curbside Express Delivery
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, leaves and stems included chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice from fresh Lime
- 1/2 tbsp Jalapeno chopped roughly
- To taste Salt
Instant Brown Rice, ready to cook
- 2 cups Instant Brown Rice
- 1 Large Avocado chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups Ice-berg Lettuce chopped thin
Preparing Giant Eagle Instant BROWN RICE
- Begin with cooking 2 cups of Instant Natural Whole Grain BROWN RICE. It will take about 10 minutes to cook 2 cups of Instant Brown Rice and by that time, 2/3rd of your other prep work will be done.
- This will yield 4 cups of Ready Instant Brown Rice. I absolutely loved this product since the only ingredient in it is - Precooked Parboiled Whole Grain Brown Rice. There is no preservative or additive to it. Brown Rice can otherwise take a long time to cook, whereas this took only 10 minutes from start to finish to get done and ready to serve.
Preparing Fajita Mixed Vegetables
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add onions to it. Stir and cook onions on high to medium heat for about 2 minutes till onions get slightly caramelized.
- Add rest of the vegetables, cumin powder, fajita seasoning and salt. Give it a good stir. Cook and Stir on high to medium heat for about 3 minutes till vegetables are slightly cooked. We do not want over cooked vegetables. The vegetables still need to be crisp and have a bite.
- Take it off the heat and set aside.
Preapring Easy Pico De Gallo
- Take a bowl or a medium size mason jar. Add all the ingredients as mentioned under Pico de Gallo to the jar. Give it a good stir or shake. That's it, Pico de Gallo is ready. Set aside.
Preparing Cilantro Lime Crema
- Take a blender and add all the ingredients as mentioned under Cilantro Lime Crema. Give it a good stir in the blender till all the ingredients are blended into a smooth creamy texture. It is ready.
- This is such a delicious dip that you will make again and again.
Preparing Black Bean Salsa
- Take a microwave safe bowl. Empty the can of Giant Eagle black beans and 1 cup of medium hot salsa to the bowl. Cover and Microwave for 2 minutes. Your Black Bean Salsa is ready. Simple and Easy.
Serving Suggestion for Vegetarian Cantina Salad Bowl
- Take a Salad Bowl. Layer it with 1/2 cup of Instant Brown Rice at the bottom.
- Add some shredded lettuce and layer with Black Bean Salsa and Fajita Mixed Vegetables.
- Dress the Vegetarian Cantina Salad Bowl with Pico de Gallo, Cilantro Lime Crema and some Avocado pieces.
- Eat it warm. It is a perfect comforting healthy bowl of deliciousness, fit for any meal. You may make a burrito or quesidella out of it as well. For more healthier eating, lessen the rice or skip it or substitute with quinoa.
Isn’t this an amazing recipe to make? The flavors are very promising and it is healthy also. You will make it often, I promise.
Can’t make it now? PIN IT FOR LATER!
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!