Chocolate Walnuts Basic Bark
I can’t tell you since how long this Chocolate Walnuts Basic Bark has loomed my mind. So many images from pinterest and instagram kept making their appearances before me and I kept procastinating it.
After I made it, I shamed myself at the thought of pushing it out for such a long time. The Chocolate Walnuts Basic Bark is the most happy and fun recipe that I have ever worked on.
If you ask me, it is practically a no-recipe recipe. Ya! Ya! Ya! That’s me…sometimes I do say confusing things. But I am sure you got me, right? 😉
Would you call this bark handsome or beautiful? It seems to me, the hero right out of Mills & Boons stories. Tall, Dark & Handsome!
Err…on the other hand , it also appears as a brunette beauty with long silk velvet tresses and chocolat-y love.
Now you pick and choose – Handsome or Beautiful?
The lush and melt in the mouth bits of Walnuts in the good company of Chocolate, makes your heart pound harder, almost skipping a beat!
Life is good, when chocolate is around!
I believe in the above saying. It is a saying, made up by me. I make my own stuff up! 😀
Well my mom always advises me to pop a piece of chocolate in my mouth, whenever I feel low and sad. I say – mom I am low today! Her fixed reply is – Put a piece of chocolate in your mouth. It works! Everytime!
What is a chocolate bark? Chocolate Bark is a sheet of chocolate, that is covered with nuts, dry fruits, candies and sometimes more pieces of chocolate.
This is my first one in the creation, but certainly not the last one. You will see more kinds as we near the holiday season. They make the perfect hostess gift.
It was very hard to keep my girls away from this bark when they discovered that there is any such thing sitting in the refrigerator. I planned this behind their back since I know that they wouldn’t let me shoot this and pounce upon it and finish it all at the same moment.
But they did find out! It was quite a maddening game. They kept touching it and I kept slapping their hands. Finally, I gave them a piece each and settled down to click some quick pictures. They were back again since the bark just melted in their mouth in an instant. LOL! Love the munchkins! They are like Little bears who find their honey anyhow!
I know you are drooling right now and thinking of putting this bark of lust and greed together as soon as possible. So here it is – the recipe to your dispense.
Chocolate Walnuts Basic Bark
- Dark German Chocolate bar - 4 oz at room temperature. You may use semi sweet or any other dark chocolate.
- White Chocolate bar - 4 oz at room temperature
- Walnuts - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Prepare a small cookie /baking tray by lining it with a parchment/butter paper. Set aside.
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces. Set aside.
- Break the dark chocolate bar and white chocolate bar into pieces.
- Place both the chocolates in separate bowls.
- Place both the bowls in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Take them out and stir the chocolates in both the bowls. Please use separate spoon/fork for each chocolate bowl.
- Place the bowls again in microwave for 15 seconds.
- Take them out and stir well till the lumps of chocolate are dissolved into silk and smooth chocolate.
- If there are still some undissolved pieces, then microwave further for 10 seconds and stir again.
- Now pour the dark chocolate on the baking tray in a pattern desired. Make sure not to have a very thin layer.
- Now pour the white chocolate over the dark chocolate in the desired pattern.
- Take a fork or spoon and set the pattern. Keep the edges in control and do not spread out too much.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over it.
- Set in refrigerator for 3 hrs.
- Cut or break in pieces and eat.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in a closed container.
Tell me now, are you making it? Are you? Oh come on..who I am kidding. YES YOU ARE!! This is such a fool proof recipe and soooo delicious that you will make it often.
Hey can I make a suggestion here? The festival season is hovering over the head. Bookmark this recipe for an easy peasy gift for friends, teachers, neighors and family. It practically takes no time. This recipe is effortless and classic.
You are always going to Eat Happy & Stay Happy in my Kitchen.