Mung Sprouts Vegetable Bhel
Mung Sprouts Vegetable Bhel has no story to be told. It is how it is, straight forward just like that!
Have you ever thought why every food post needs a story to be told? I swear that many people have told me on my face that they would rather have RECIPE “ONLY” on the post and nothing else, so that they can get the recipe right away.
Now tell me, is it that hard to skip the reading part and just scroll down to the recipe? I bet, not! I guess, when you become a part of print media, everybody has an opinion. well…ehhh..
It does not bother me a bit because I anyways do what I mean to.. 😉
This recipe kicked in because the Mung sprouts in my refrigerator were yelling at me to be used and my taste buds were fighting the thought of boring “salad” part. The Great Mind played its part and combined the healthy mung sprouts with the famous Indian Street Food “BHELPURI” and the end result was super amazing.
I can say very confidently, yet again through my experiments that HEALTHY IS NOT BORING AT ALL! It was the most delicious bhel I have ever made and I think I will continue adding mung sprouts to my bhel.
Do you know how to sprout your Mung? Yes, then good for you! If not, then check out Ruchi Dua’s post on how to sprout the beans.
Here is what I have used to prepare Mung Sprouts Vegetable Bhel.
Disclaimer – If you purchase anything from the links provided through amazon, it helps me earn a little commission to meet the costs of the blog. Thank you!
Here is how I made super easy and quick Mung Sprouts Vegetable Bhel.
- Mung Sprouts - 1 cup
- Bhel Mix (I use Suruchi brand) - 1 cup
- Papdi - few pieces coarsely crushed
- Carrots - 1 small, chopped fine
- Radish, red - 1 small, chopped fine
- Bell peppers, colored - 2 small, chopped fine
- Green chili - 1 small, chopped fine
- Ginger - 1 small piece, chopped fine
- Mint - ½ tbsp chopped fine
- Coriander/ Cilantro leaves - 1 tbsp, chopped fine
- Green Coriander Chutney - 1 tbsp or to taste
- Quick Khatti Meethi Chutney or Tamarind Chutney - 1 tbsp or to taste
- Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients as mentioned above, to that bowl.
- Take a stirring spoon and mix all the ingredients well.
- The Mung Sprout Vegetable Bhel is ready.
- Serve it immediately.
This dish has to be served immediately. You can not make it in advance and keep it. If you prepare it for party then I would suggest that you keep everything ready in advance and mix just before serving.
You can serve it for a get together. It can be eaten as a snack or appetizer or a light meal or lunch.
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!