This Instant Pot Gobhi Tikka Masala made with Muir Glen Canned Tomatoes is the most flavorful recipe for the Tikka Masala Lovers. It is relished best when served with hot naan and rice on the side.
Instant Pot Gobhi Tikka Masala – Creamy Curry made with Muir Glen Tomatoes
Tikka Masala is one of the most loved Curry from the Indian Cuisine. This creamy rich sauce that is slightly sweet with a little bit of heat is a curry to get hooked on.
The aroma of the Rich Tikka Masala is tantalizing. It truly is one of the sensuous sauces from Indian Food Heritage.
If you are wondering what is Gobhi? Then, my dear friends, Gobhi is our humble Cauliflower.
Gobhi Tikka Masala is a sweet rendition of the infamous Chicken Tikka Masala.
Instant Pot Gobhi Tikka Masala is a perfect recipe that makes your life creamy and exotic, even on busy weeknights. It is made possible only with the use of Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes (canned) cooked in Instant Pot.
Give me a bowl of this Vegetarian Tikka Masala along with some Naan & Rice, I will lick it clean with no drop left. Yes, no kidding. It is that addictive.
Do not ask me what happens later after swiping the curry clean. It is a journey to take on your own and experience the complete curry bliss.
Muir Glen Tomatoes
Making curry is not a joke. It is a child of love and patience. Thanks to Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes, it has become convenient to make this Tikka Masala Sauce at home.
Hands down, Muir Glen brings the best tomatoes to your kitchen. Grown organically in the rich soils of California, texture, and freshness of these lush tomatoes is well preserved in the packaging.
It is pretty evident as soon as you open the can, that fresh sweet tomato smell envelopes you immediately.
My reasons are very clear to recommend Muir Glen Tomato Sauce (No salt added) to make this Gobhi Tikka Masala Curry.
- Muir Glen brings the organic tomatoes to your cooking table.
- The company promotes the healthy eco-system of the valley by encouraging the pollinators of the region. Healthy active bees mean healthy bigger and juicier tomatoes. Great, isn’t it?
- Muir Glen is one of the few companies that believe in ZERO WASTE. They have state of the art Composting facility where they create organic compost. And this compost goes back to the farmers growing Organic Tomatoes.
East End Food Co-op, Pittsburgh
Our local East End Food Co-Op in Pittsburgh is a great place to shop that supports the Muir Glen concept of farming and giving back to the farmers as well. Both the organizations support the local and organic. Follow our Instagram stories and posts for the virtual tour of the East End Co-op.
It is amazing to see how few well-chosen quality ingredients can create a classic dish with so much ease. When the ingredients are bought from your local Co-Op Grocery Store, it creates more impact.
Hey – do not forget to avail the super offer on Muir Glen Canned Tomato Products in your local Co-op Store between 1/16 – 1/29. It is at a fabulous price for 10/$10 for 14.5 oz Canned Tomatoes.
What is a Food Co-Op?
A Food Co-op is a voluntary organization which has democratic owner control.
It is autonomous and independent cooperation among the cooperatives. Anyone can have economic participation in a co-op.
The food co-op runs the education, training, and information programs in the community generating awareness about the local farmers and their produce.
It supports the community by making charitable donations. Whatever surplus funds they generate, it is given back to the community.
Vegetarian Gobhi Tikka Masala Ingredients
The recipe uses just a handful of quality ingredients. Get the shopping list below –
- Muir Glen Tomato Sauce (no salt added) – 15 ounce can
- Fresh Green Chili or Jalapeno
- Heavy Cream
- Cooking Oil
- Indian Curry Spices
Can I make Vegan Tikka Masala?
Absolutely yes you can. Swap the Heavy cream with either Coconut Cream or Cashew Cream and you have Vegan Gobhi Tikka Masala ready.
Coconut Cream is easily available at the stores.
How to make Cashew Cream at home – Soak 1/2 cup Cashews in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain the water. Blend it into a cream-like texture with some water or plant-based milk. Use this to substitute Heavy cream in the recipe.
My Top Reasons to make this Gobhi Tikka Masala in Instant Pot
Since my family loves it so much, here are my top favorite reasons to make this Tikka Masala in Instant Pot at home-
- It is THE FAMOUS TIKKA MASALA, you guys. You owe it to make it at home. 😀
- You can make the sauce separately in the Instant Pot ahead of time and can use it as required.
- Yes, it is one of those make-ahead meals that are freezer friendly as well.
- Use of Muir Glen Tomato Sauce (no salt added) has made it possible to make this sauce effortlessly and efficiently in instant pot.
- This recipe is very adaptable. Find out how below.
How can I personalize Gobhi Tikka Masala?
Since you can prepare the Vegetarian or Vegan Gluten-free TIKKA MASALA sauce in advance, it can be personalized as suggested below.
- If you are not a fan of Gobhi/Cauliflower, then use vegetables of your choice. Potatoes, Broccoli, Baby Corn, Vegetable Croquettes/Koftas or Mix Vegetables are a great choice.
- You may add protein of your choice like Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese), Extra firm Tofu, Chickpeas, etc. if you are not in the mood for vegetables.
- The heat level and the sweetness of this Tikka Masala can be easily adapted as per your taste. Therefore I always advise starting from a tiny amount of spices first. Taste test it and build up the heat as desired by adding a little bit at a time. The use of green chili and/or jalapeno can be skipped for milder curry.
- Similarly, the creamy quotient of the curry can be controlled as well. Suggestions are made for vegetarian choices. You can easily veganize it.
- If you are weight conscious then skip the cream completely or use low-fat cream and use artificial sweetener as desired.
Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes from Simplyvegetarian777
Easy Gobhi Tikka Masala with Muir Glen Tomatoes in Instant Pot VIDEO
Gobhi Tikka Masala has 2 Components of Cooking –
- Preparing Gobhi that is Cauliflower in the Oven. Marinade and Bake it in the oven till slightly crispy.
- Preparing the TIKKA MASALA sauce in INSTANT POT.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Tikka Masala Recipe
Gobhi Tikka Masala Instant Pot Recipe is a delicious vegetarian version of chicken tikka masala. It is relished best when served with hot naan and rice.
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower Broken into florets
- 3 big sprays or 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder or cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 large Red Onion roughly chopped
- 1 large piece Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Green Chili or 1/2 Jalapeno Optional
- 1 can 15 oz Muir Glen Tomato Sauce No salt added
- 1&1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- To Taste Salt or about 2&1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder / cayenne
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp or to taste Honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi Optional
Preheat the oven at 425*F. Take a large bowl. Add cauliflower florets and all the spices + oil to it. Give it a good toss. Set aside. Spray a large cookie sheet with oil. Spread the marinated cauliflower florets on the sheet. Once the oven is pre-heated, bake the cauliflower florets at 425*F for 15 minutes. Once done, take these out and set aside.
Meanwhile, do not waste time while the cauliflower is in the oven and start working on Tikka Masala Sauce.
Take a blender and add onion + garlic + ginger + green chili to it. Blend and Make a smooth paste out of it.
Place the inner sleeve inside the instant pot. Plug it in. Press the Saute Mode on and set it on High and set for 30 minutes. Once the screen displays Hot, add oil to the pot. Wait for 2 seconds and add puréed onions to the pot. Give it a good stir. Cover the Instant Pot with a lid & cook till onion paste becomes thick and changes color to slight pink. Keep stirring in between to avoid burning at the bottom. It will take about 12-15 minutes.
Now add 1 can (15 oz) of Muir Glen Tomato Sauce (No Salt Added) to the pot. Give it a good stir. Add cumin powder + coriander powder + red chili + Garam Masala + salt to the pot. Give another good stir. Add water to the pot. Add kasuri methi also at this time if using it.
Place the lid of the Instant Pot and lock it. Set the floating valve to Sealing. Press Manual / Pressure Cook and set it on High/More for 3 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, you may follow NPR if you have the time or do QR if you don’t have time. Either way is ok.
As the safety valve drops down, open the lid carefully. Add Honey + Heavy Cream to the sauce. Give it a good stir. Do a taste test. Adjust salt, sweet or spice level to your liking.
Your TIKKA MASALA SAUCE is Ready.
When ready to serve, add the oven roasted cauliflower florets to the warm Tikka Masala Sauce. Gently stir it. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Then serve it warm with Naan or Rice. It makes a delicious Curry.
This is a basic Tikka Masala Sauce. You may make it ahead of time and refrigerate it. Use it as required.
You may oven bake the cauliflower as well ahead of time.
The sauce freezes well.
If you are not a fan of cauliflower, then you may add the vegetables of your choice. Some great substitutes will be Potatoes, broccoli, baby corn, extra firm Tofu, Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese), Vegetarian Meatballs and even mixed vegetables.
I am sure you will be trying this recipe soon. When you try it, please leave your feedback under comments.
Can’t make it today? Pin Instant Pot Gobhi Tikka Masala made with Muir Glen Tomatoes for Later.
In my kitchen, you will always Eat Happy & Stay Happy.