Eggless Choco-Chip Muffins
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Eggless Choco-Chip Muffins
These Eggless Choco-Chip Muffins are the best kind ever baked in my kitchen. Don’t they look precious? Beautiful muffin tops covered with polka dotted semi sweet chocolate chips, granulated sugar crystals adding to the crunch in every bite. it is a dream come true for any muffin lover.
While these babies baked in the oven, even the remotest corner of the house smelled of pure vanilla and chocolate heaven. Kids could not wait till the time was up. One of them actually burnt her mouth, since she had lost her patience by then. As soon as I got these pretties out, she grabbed one super hot muffin, fumbled between her hands and dug her teeth inside and she ate and cried at the same time…it was a happily burnt in the mouth kinda cry….kids..i tell you..
The best part is that these are so easy to put together that even your teenager or pre-teen can bake these under supervision. Psst…on that note, let them bake these gorgeous beauties for you on the mother’s day. Will you? Bookmark this recipe and you won’t have to look anywhere else then.
I am a huge fan of Martha Stewart and Stephanie of Joy of Baking. Their baking recipes are just perfect and come out fabulous every time. I have adapted this recipe from Joy of Baking. Click here for the original recipe. I have made these choco-chip muffins, eggless so that everybody can enjoy these. The flax seed meal makes the best substitute for eggs in a baked dessert, keeping it soft and moist, just like eggs. Also, I made them healthier by substituting half of the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
These Eggless Choco-Chip Muffins make the best treat for snack since these are not super sweet and because there is flax and whole wheat too. A perfectly Healthy Bake for every day feasting. A good dose of fiber and good carbs. The size is perfect. The texture is perfect. And the taste is perfect.
Some other Eggless Bakes from my Blog are
Whole wheat & Jaggery Banana Bread
Eggless Walnut Brownie
This is how the Eggless Choco-Chip Muffins are made.
Eggless Choco-Chip Muffins
- Unsalted butter melted and cooled - 1/2 cup
- Flax seed meal - 2 tbsp dissolved in 6 tbsp of warm water
- Milk whole or reduced - 2/3 cup. I used 2%.
- Vanilla extract pure - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- All-purpose flour - 1 cup
- Whole Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Sugar granulated - 2/3 cups + 1 tbsp
- Baking powder - 2 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Chocolate chips semi sweet - 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 375*F / 190*C, and place oven rack in the center of the oven. Line the 12 muffin pan with paper liners.
- Take a bowl and add flax meal dissolved in warm water, milk & pure vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips. (Hold back 2-3 tbsp choco chips back to add later on the top).
- With a fork or wooden spoon, add the wet ingredients, along with the melted butter, to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are moistened and combined. (Do not over mix the batter or you will have tough muffins.)
- Divide the batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups. Add the remaining choco chips on top of the muffins.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Sprinkle the hot muffins immediately with granulated sugar, for some extra crunch.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
If you eat eggs, then you may use 2 eggs in place of flax meal.
You may use any kind of chocolate chips, like bitter sweet, butter scotch, white chocolate, etc.
Can be covered and stored at room temperature for a few days or they can be frozen.
I had an excellent time baking these Eggless Choco-Chip Muffins in my Indian American Kitchen. I am sure you would love these too. Bake it this weekend and enjoy with your family and friends.
Eat Happy! Stay Happy and yes…..HAPPY MOTHER’s DAY to all the lovely mommies out there.
Taking these to Throwback Thursdays by Mollie of Frugal Hausfrau , Angie’s Fiesta Friday , Whimsy Wednesday.
I can’t believe how gorgeous these are without the egg! At the risk of repeating myself, thanks for bringing these by Throwback Thursday!!
Thanks so much Mollie for appreciation ❤️
I love that these muffins are eggless. It only means that I could save the egg(s) for my sunny side up! 😀 These look amazing, Sonal. HappY FF.
These babies look delicious! My kids would love them! Happy Mother’s day to you too!
Thanks dear ❤️ a very happy Mother’s Day to you too
These are just perfect for Mother’s day. I wonder if your kids are planning to bake some as a surprise for you; that would be so well deserved! Happy Mother’s day to you, Sonal.
Thanks Apsara ❤️
A very happy Mother’s Day to you too dear!!
I am not sure what they are planning 🙂
Sonal these look delicious and I’m sure they could easily be made dairy free so my son could eat them? Did you grind your flaxseeds before use or just use them whole? Thank you so much for bringing them to Fiesta Friday 🙂 I think our house will be having it’s own fiesta all the delicious things I’m hoping to make tomorrow! 🙂
Thank you so much for liking these :).
I ground my flax seeds into meal first..I normally keep some pre ground flax meal in my refrigerator, which I make for organic flax seeds..
I bet these can be made dairy free 🙂
What’s not to like! 🙂 Chocolate and cake! 😀 I usually grind my linseed too but use chia (as an egg replacer) whole. I never thought of keeping some ready ground in the fridge though 🙂 I wonder if hubby would notice one more pot in there! 😀
I have two muffin munchkins in my house and I know they would go crazy for these! Truth be told, though, I’d probably be the one burning my mouth trying to get at one as soon as they are finished in the oven 😉 Cannot resist a chocolate chip muffin!!
Hahhaaaa Kathryn! Hope you would like it ❤️
Me and my kids love anything that has either chocolate or sugar 😉 Will try these muffins.
Keep me posted :).