Mock Chocolate Tiramisu
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mock Chocolate Tiramisu is the perfect recipe for all the Tiramisu and Chocolate Lovers. It is a very easy recipe to put together with easily available ingredients.
Mock Chocolate Tiramisu, Eggless
Mock Chocolate Tiramisu is the king of all the desserts in my humble opinion. Sometimes I wonder, if there was no chocolate in the world, what would have been the plight be of all the desserts.
Why is it a MOCK CHOCOLATE TIRAMISU?
- I am calling it a Mock Tiramisu since originally Tiramisu has no chocolate in it. Tiramisu is an Italian Dessert and the main flavor of the dessert is Coffee.
- Another important ingredient of an authentic Tiramisu is raw eggs in it, whereas this recipe does not have any raw eggs in it.
Since Tiramisu is a royal treat in its own means, the combination of Chocolate and Tiramisu is sure a winner.
An amazing dessert like this needs a standing ovation. I have made this dessert many times and it has never ever failed me. Every time I have served Mock Chocolate Tiramisu to my guests, I have won accolades every single time. People have asked me for the seconds.
Life is too short, Eat your Dessert first !
Do you agree with it? Especially when the dessert looks like this, the above quote stands 100% true. ;)..
Some other SINGLE SERVE DESSERTS from Blog are –
I love making single serve desserts and have made so many single serve desserts which are always loved by my readers. Some of them are – No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake , Quick Trifle Pudding , No Bake Cheesecake , Mocha Express Pudding , Vanilla & Chocolate Pudding and more.
The right way to eat Mock Chocolate Tiramisu is – pick that piece of chocolate off the glass, scoop some cream out, pop some berries in your mouth and wipe off the caffeine ladyfingers with a spoon! You will crave more, I promise. Amit keeps asking me to make it again and again. 😀
This is how Mock Chocolate Tiramisu, Eggless is made.
Kitchen Equipment Required: 4 Dessert bowls/glasses, dessert spoons, electric egg beater, 2 deep bowls (steel or glass), a microwave-safe cup, plastic cling wrap, fruit peeler.
Mock Chocolate Tiramisu, Eggless
- Lady fingers : 10-12. You may use vanilla cake as a base too. [Lady Fingers are sponge Italian Cookies]
- Water : 1 cup
- Instant coffee powder : 1 tbsp
- Heavy whipping cream chilled : 1 cup + 1/4 cup
- Nutella : 1&1/2 tbsp. You may use chocolate syrup as well.
- Powdered sugar : 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp
- Cooking Chocolate bar to grate for garnish and some fresh fruits like blueberries and strawberries or raspberries for garnish.
- Keep the bowl in freezer for 5-10 minutes along with the heavy cream. This reduces the time of whipping the cream and gives good whipped cream.
- Meanwhile, break the lady fingers or vanilla cake into coarse smaller pieces.
- Layer the bottom of dessert glasses with the crushed lady ginger cookies or vanilla cake.
- Heat the water in microwavable cup in microwave for 1 minute. Take it out and dissolve 1 tbsp instant coffee powder in it. Pour 1/4 cup of espresso warm water in each dessert bowl so that all the cookie crumbs are drenched in coffee. Set aside.
- Take out the chilled bowl. Add Nutella / chocolate syrup, 1cup of heavy cream and powdered sugar in it. Beat all the ingredients together on medium to high speed for 4-5 minutes, till it gets fluffy and stiff. Make sure not to over beat it or else you will get butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of beaten whipped cream in each dessert glass. Level it out with fork or spoon. Refrigerate it.
- Now take another bowl and beat 1/4 cup of heavy cream with 1/2 tbsp of powdered sugar till it gets fluffy and stiff. This step is optional. But it adds gorgeous factor to the dessert.
- Take out the dessert bowls. Add a table spoon of heavy whipped cream in the middle of the dessert bowl.
- Add the fresh fruits on top.
- Take the chocolate bar and peel over the dessert bowls, covering the surface as light or as heavy as desired.
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 hrs before serving.
Aren’t you tempted to make it soon? If you try it, do give me a feedback under the comments.
Can’t make it now? PIN it for Later!
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY !
You have said 10-12 lady fingers in the ingredients…surely you don’t mean that!
Yes I do mean Lady Fingers Shreya :). Lady fingers in desserts language is Italian sponge cookies.
Simply Awesome..Gorgeous clicks..and I loved the recipe…
YUMMM….loving your photography!! 😀
What a show stopper! It looks so delicious and what a perfect dessert for a celebration 🙂
Those are simply stunning. Well done!
This is a glamorous dessert! I am sure I cannot get past this if it is displayed with all other food!
You go girl ☺️☺️