Mushroom Skewers in Lemony Italian Dressing
As I write about Mushroom Skewers in Lemony Italian Dressing, I am sitting by the pool at Hampton Inn, watching my 2 munchkins having a ball of a time.
Don’t you love the innocence of the childhood and those formative years, where there is no worry besides what to eat next and have a good time, no matter what? I seriously wish that I could live that time, even if for few hours.
But hey, I am not complaining, especially when I can treat myself on these delicious Mushroom Skewers in Lemony Italian Dressing, in matter of no time. It is the easiest thing that you can put on your dinner table in under 30 minutes, given if you have marinated the vegetables ahead of time. The marination again doesn’t take more than 5 minutes. Yes, it is that easy.
Have I mentioned before that I am a hard core mushroom-vore (if that is a term)? I can eat mushrooms in any form and in any and every cuisine. The chewy texture is so comforting to me. The ease with which the mushrooms absorb flavors is amazing. It is a Vegan’s dream substitute for meat or protein. If you are not a mushroom lover, use paneer or tofu instead.
Mushroom Skewers in Lemony Italian Dressing is a perfect light lunch and you can create a complete platter out of it, when served along with light ranch, some grilled pita or naan and some fresh garden salad.
If you are skeptical about “how to clean the mushrooms”, then here is an article that I wrote about it, as I follow at home. Click here to read.
This platter makes a great main dish or an appetizer for all your vegetarian and vegan friends. Your Vegan friend scan skip the ranch and make your own ranch using this eggless mayonnaise as posted by Ruchi Dua, made with Aqua Faba (chickpeas liquid). Check the recipe here.
Here are few Ingredients that you can order from Amazon.com via my blog. This will help my blog earn a small revenue to keep it running.
Here is how to make the Mushroom Skewers in Lemony Italian Dressing.
You need bamboo skewers for this recipe or you may use metal skewers if you have any.
- Baby Bella or Button Mushrooms - 8 oz or 225 grms. Washed and cleaned nicely
- Onion - 1 large, cut into wide square pieces
- Red Bell pepper - ½ large, cut into wide 4 strips and then cut further into 1 inch squares
- Green Bell Pepper - ½ large, cut into wide 4 strips and then cut further into 1 inch squares
- Yellow Bell Pepper - ½ large, cut into wide 4 strips and then cut further into 1 inch squares
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp fresh
- Lemon rind of 1 medium lemon
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Olive oil or vegetable oil - 2 tsp
- Make dressing in a small bowl and keep aside.
- Take a large bowl and add all the vegetables in it. Pour the dressing. Mix it well with a fork or hands.
- Marinade for 2-3 hrs.
- Take 4-5 bamboo skewers. Wet them in water. Start skewering the Vegetables on the bamboo skewers in a pattern - mushroom, bell pepper, onion, bell pepper, mushroom and so on. You can make it a long skewer or a short skewer, depending upon how big is your grill.
- Grill on electric grill or flat griddle / tawa or on the backyard grill. Keep rotating the skewers for even grilling. Grill till you see slight charred marks on the vegetables. Since these are vegetables, it does not take long to grill the skewers.
- Serve with ranch or dip of your choice.
- You can also serve it with some pita, naan, rice or pasta on the side.
I enjoyed my meal with some grilled pita and drizzled the skewers with some tangy ranch. I am telling you that it was such a refreshing light summer meal that I can indulge in, anytime. And if skewers sound tough for you, call them kebabs ;).
Can’t make it now? PIN IT FOR LATER!
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!