Instant Pot Basil Simple Syrup Recipe is a must try in summers. It is a flavorful simple sugar syrup enhanced with Basil and Lime. The syrup made in Instant Pot serves as a perfect base to make drinks of your choice. You can use the syrup in making mocktails, cocktails, spritzers, sodas, and much more. Read the post to discover the magic of this easy 4 INGREDIENTS RECIPE.
Instant Pot Basil Simple Syrup Recipe
Summers are getting hotter and sometimes you need more than just WATER to quench the thirst. This basic simple syrup comes so handy to find some delicious solutions to answer that strong craving for something more.
This season gives us abundant fresh herbs and fruits and that is what I had in my mind when I made this syrup. Basil, MInt, Cilantro, Lavender, Rosemary, Thyme, etc, are blooming everywhere. These not only smell wonderful but also have great soothing and medicinal properties. The use of these herbs in your lifestyle is recommended in old scriptures.
It is a basic and very simple recipe that you would want to make and share more often than you think.
Why should I make this SYRUP?
- Though it has sugar, you can make it natural and sugar-free with the suggestions given in the post below.
- It is free of any preservatives or chemicals for enhanced flavors.
- It has no artificial colors as opposed to market-bought drinks.
- If I have to give my kids sweetened drinks and sodas, I would rather give it to them in this form. Find many creative ideas in the post using the syrup and to personalize it for each family and occasion.
WHY SHOULD I MAKE BASIL SIMPLE SYRUP IN INSTANT POT?
I made it in my 3 quarts Duo Min Instant Pot, since
- It was a hands-free process
- There was no mess, whereas the liquid spurts all over when boiling on the stove top
- Cleaning was super easy
- I could monitor the process without worrying about it getting burnt
- Instant Pot is just so handy to me and I would rather use this gadget than stove top.
4 COMPONENTS OF THIS RECIPE
CAN I MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP SUGAR FREE?
If you want, then you can make this syrup SUGAR FREE or use NATURAL SUGARS. Use Splenda or Stevia. Just read the instructions on how much of these are equivalent to the regular sugar used. Normally Splenda and Stevia are halved in quantity when compared to the sugar quantity.
CAN I USE HONEY?
You can use honey in the recipe. But Honey has to be added towards the end of the procedure when the BASIL WATER is cooled. So, you will make the Infused water first and then add the sweetener later on.
CAN I USE LEMON INSTEAD OF LIME?
Yes absolutely. You can use fresh Lemons in place of Lime in this recipe. For that matter, you can use key west lime. The tartness or acidic properties of these 3 are different from each other in taste. But customize it as per your taste.
OTHER FLAVORING OPTIONS WITH THE SIMPLE SUGAR SYRUP
This is such a versatile recipe. You can use these options to personalize this recipe to your taste.
- Mint leaves can be used in place of Basil
- Rosemary can be used to infuse the syrup
- Thyme can be used too
- Lavender will make a great swap
- Spices like Cardamom, Cinnamon, star anise, fresh ginger, and fennel seeds can make a great flavoring agent
- Rose petals can be steeped in the syrup for beautiful flavors
- Just add 2 Tea bags and steep with any of the above to make a great flavored Iced Tea
Some other drinks from my blog where you can use this Basil Simple Syrup recipe
This is how you make BASIL SIMPLE SYRUP IN INSTANT POT
Basil Simple Syrup Recipe in Instant Pot
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Basil, packed tightly stems and leaves included. Use the Italian Basil.
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice Use lemon juice if you want
- Place the inner pot of the INSTANT POT and plug it in. Switch on the SAUTE MODE.
- Once the screen displays HOT, add water and sugar to the pot. Cook for about 2 minutes till the sugar is completely dissolved in the water. Use WIRE WHISK to dissolve it. Stir occasionally for the sugar to dissolve.
- Once the sugar dissolves, cancel the saute mode. Add Basil Leaves along with the stems to the hot syrup. Close the Lid of the Instant Pot and place the floating valve on Venting. The Instant POt is switched off the whole time. The Basil Leaves are steeping inside the pot to extract all the flavors.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid. Add Lime juice and stir. Let it cool down.
- Once at the room temperature, take a large sieve and strain the Basil Simple Syrup through it. Press the leaves on the side of the sieve to extract the maximum out of it. The SImple Basil Syrup is ready to be used.
- Once completely cooled down, you can store it in a glass jar/bottle. It can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
- Follow the same instructions as above on the stove top also. Once the sugar dissolves, add basil leaves and close the saucepan with its lid. Set aside for 10 minutes. Remice the lid, add lime juice. Strain and use.
I am sure you are going to try this recipe soon. Make a batch and refrigerate. Use as required.
SOME QUICK VARIATIONS USING THE SYRUP
- Blend some fresh pineapple and syrup. Make a thick pineapple blend. Add to a tall glass with some ice and club soda or water.
- Use some fresh strawberries and do the same as mentioned above.
- You can blend some peaches, lychee, kiwi, pears or any fruit in season with this syrup. Add some ice and top with club soda. It makes a refreshing drink to beat the summer.
Can’t make it now? PIN BASIL SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE FOR LATER!
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!