Tuscan Vegetable Soup Instant Pot Recipe is an easy + delicious + nutritious recipe. It is loaded with seasonal vegetables and cannellini beans and mildly flavored with seasonings. The soup is light in calories but very filling. Add some shell pasta in it or put some bread on the side and make it a complete meal.
Tuscan Vegetable Soup Instant Pot Recipe
Last week was glorious with 5 out of 7 days of bright warm sun. I went for a walk almost every day basking in the gold of the sun. Birds were out and I could notice trees ready to bloom and suddenly it has been snowing since last 2 days. Ugh! Mother Nature is really unpredictable. I hope this is the last snow of the season. Weather like this calls for a warm bowl of comforting soup and this soup is just perfect to keep the warmth and comfort intact.
My kids love a warm bowl of soup as an after-school meal when they come back hungry. Therefore I am making Soups often, no matter which season it is. A bowl of good soup rids them of day long tiredness and refreshes them for home work, after school activities. The best part is that they remain full till dinner, without indulging in junk food.
If you ask me why I made it in Instant Pot, then here are my answers –
- It is a ONE POT cooking and that is definitely a score for me.
- The best part is that I do not have to baby sit my food when I cook in Instant Pot. Just Saute, cook, shut the lid, set the timer and forget. Food is ready whenever you open.
- Another great reason is it is a mess free and convenient cooking. Making food in Instant Pot is so easy that even your teenage kids can cook in it without the fear of getting burnt or burning the food.
- My time is my own with Instant Pot Cooking. I can multi-task easily.
I think above are good enough reasons to Cook in Instant Pot.
What is Tuscan Soup?
Tuscan soup is commonly known as Zuppa Toscana, which simply means “Soup in the style of Tuscany“. The Tuscan soup is cooked mainly with seasonal vegetables including greens, potatoes, canellini beans and powdered chili along with Italian Bacon in it. It is served on Toasted Italian Bread and splashed with little olive oil on the top.
American version includes sausages, bacon, heavy cream plus all the vegetables and beans.
My version is completely VEGAN and GLUTENFREE. It has no meat and no dairy. OLIVE GARDEN is famous for its Zuppa Toscana and now you can make a vegetarian version of famous soup at home.
Some other soups that I rotate on regular basis are
This is how you make Tuscan Vegetable Soup in Instant Pot
Tuscan Vegetable Soup Instant Pot Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped fine
- 1 Medium Onion, red or white cut into chunky pieces
- 2 Large Tomatoes cut into chunky pieces
- 4 Sticks Celery cut into chunky pieces
- 1 Medium Zucchini cut into chunky pieces
- 1 Large Carrot cut into chunky pieces
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Can Cannelini Beans drained
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Rosemary, dry
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- 5 Cups Water
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper or Fancy Paprika this is optional but elevates the taste to another level.
- Actual time to make this soup is 10 minutes. I have written 20 minutes cooking time, keeping in mind that instant pot takes extra 7-8 minutes to warm up before it starts the actual cooking.
- Place the inner pot and Plugin the Instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to Saute mode on MORE. When it displays HOT, add olive oil to it. After 30 seconds, add onions and garlic to the hot oil. Saute for 2 minutes till onions become soft. Now add celery and carrots to the pot. Cook for 1 minute and then add cannellini beans + all the remaining vegetables + tomato paste + seasonings + herbs to the pot. Give it a good stir. Add 5 cups of water. Stir again. Place the lid and Switch off the saute mode.
SOUP / BROTH MODE
- Place the floating vent to CLOSE. Set the SOUP / BROTH MODE to NORMAL for 6 minutes.
- After the cooking is done and you hear the beep. There are 2 things you can do- 1). Release the pressure immediately and serve the soup while warm. IT is fully cooked and does not need Natural Pressure Release for further cooking. OR 2). if you are making it in the morning and coming back in the evening for a hearty soup, then, do not worry about releasing the pressure. Little over cooking will make vegetables slightly soft that's it but will still taste awesome.
- Once you open the instant pot, serve it hot in a soup bowl with some toasted bread on the side. Or you may add some boiled pasta to it. Keep it VEGAN or add some Parmesan cheese to make it vegetarian.
I am sure you will be making the Vegetarian / Vegan version of Zuppa Toscana and have a hearty meal at home. Add some pasta in it or a slice bread of on the side and make it a complete meal.
You can order the following from AMAZON for no extra charge. This will compensate for my blog to keep running.
Instant Pot is surely a great gadget to acquire. If you are planning to get one, here get this⇓
Can’t make it now? PIN IT FOR LATER!
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!