This Green Beans Recipe with Caramelized Onions & Cranberry Chutney is a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving. It is a quick and easy recipe packed with tones of flavors.
Best Thanksgiving Side – Green Beans Onions Recipe with Cranberry Chutney
Like Cranberry Sauce, a real Thanksgiving table needs some green beans on the table. It is just not complete without it.
The most popular recipe using Green Beans is Green Bean Casserole with Mushroom sauce and fried onions. But I am sure that we all want something new on the table with preceding years. Something that is easy to make, quick to finish, and delicious to eat.
This recipe is super easy and simple. You can easily make it at the last minute with no major prep. Isn’t that wonderful?
My Top 5 Reasons to make this Green Beans Recipe for this Thanksgiving
I do not get tired of making this recipe throughout the year. My daughters couldn’t keep their hands off it. They kept eating and finished all. I had to create a second batch to click and served again.
This dish goes well with any Italian or American meal!
Here are my top 5 reasons to try this recipe-
- It is a super simple and easy recipe, made with easily available ingredients.
- You can make this recipe the last minute too. It is that quick and needs minimal preparation.
- It is a very Light Vegetarian Side. Therefore it creates a good balance of recipes for Thanksgiving.
- This recipe is perfect to break the boring mundane of Green Beans Casserole.
- It adds fresh & juicy ingredients to the table. A great way to enjoy the nature’s bounty in Fall.
Ingredients used for Green Beans & Caramelized Onions with Cranberry Chutney
Kitchen Equipment Required for this recipe
Please Read at the bottom of the recipe, some tips as shared by Mrs. Geeta Kakade who is diabetic and shares her experiences and diabetes management tips with everybody selflessly. She runs a Facebook group called Diabetic Support Group, where she shares all her knowledge and experience. I learn a lot from her.
Few Vegetarian Thanksgiving Sides from Simplyvegetarian777 are –
Masala Naan Canapes, and more.
Thanksgiving Side Recipe for Green Beans & Caramelized Onions with Cranberry Chutney
I used this Cranberry Dates Chutney for Green Beans Recipe. You may use any cranberry sauce that is handy.
Green Beans & Caramelized Onions with Cranberry Chutney
- 1 pound Green Beans, String/French fresh and whole
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, Red Thinly Sliced
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese optional, skip to make it Vegan
- To Taste Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Cranberry Chutney or Sauce of your choice
- Heat olive oil in the pan. Add garlic and onions to it. Cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes till onions are golden red.
- Now add washed green beans, salt, and black pepper along with lemon juice. Toss it well. Lower the flame and cover with lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes till they are slightly tender but still crisp.
- Open the lid. Add 1 tsp of cranberry chutney. Toss well. You may add roasted almonds or pine nuts for more crunch.
- Serve warm. This is such a delicious and hearty side.
I am sure you will be making this recipe for sure this Thanksgiving. Do leave your feedback under the comments section.
Few ways you can try to resist food overindulgence at festivals, during the holiday season and at get-togethers all year round – Geeta Kakade
Disclaimer – Prior permission has been taken to publish it here.
Here are some tips that help me when I’m at a party and I hope will help you.
- The day you’re going out for dinner, follow strict dietary guidelines for the other meals during the day. Since balancing your sugar will give you a head start and will allow you to have a little ‘extra’.
Since exercise helps regulate hunger pangs, don’t skip your exercise on this day.
Before you go out, eat a bowl of salad or some fruit like an apple.
Insist on serving yourself. Then stop and look at your plate before you eat, both for appetizers and main course. Do not feel pressurized for finishing it all. It is your plate, your wish.
Remember food will always be there. The healthier you are the more you can continue to enjoy it at future parties. It is NOT your last meal.
Love sweets like I do? Make adjustments in the meal to accommodate your craving.
Can’t make it now? Pin Green Beans Onions Recipe for later.
In my Kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY.