10 Minutes Quick Easy Paneer Makhani Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This 10 Minutes Quick Easy Paneer Makhani Recipe is a must try for all the Paneer lovers. You will get the same delicious taste of Indian Restaurant Style Curry but with much less work.
It is QUICK + EASY + EFFICIENT + DELICIOUS. This curry tastes best with soft Naan or Tandoori Roti. It is perfect to try on any busy weekday or a lazy weekend.
10 Minutes Quick Easy Paneer Makhani Recipe
The other day when I posted the preview of this recipe on Facebook, people went crazy over it. And why not? I mean this is the best kind of yumminess on any given busy day. For that matter, it is perfect for a lazy weekend cooking.
Though I make Paneer Butter Masala or Paneer Makhani from scratch but this quick and fail-proof Paneer Makhani is super awesome and totally worth a try.
Since I have hacked the recipe to such a convenient one, I cook it more often for the kids. Give them Paneer Makhani and they can swipe the whole plate clean with Naan on the side.
The SECRET INGREDIENT used in this recipe will bowl you over. Actually, it will sweep the floor off your feet. No Exaggeration! It is that amazing. Though I have to warn you that this curry is not meant for FAINT HEARTED. It is rich, creamy and decadent. So please do not come back complaining. Just Saying.
MY REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY TRY THIS 10 MINUTES PANEER MAKHANI
- This curry is as good as the Paneer Makhani served in Indian Restaurants.
- It is just a 10 MINUTES CURRY. You may call it as CURRY IN A HURRY.
- This curry needs no preparation at all. Just Mix all the ingredients. Stir. Cook. Eat.
- It is the perfect QUICK MEAL on Busy Weekdays or Lazy Weekends.
- Your kids will love you more since you can now cook it anytime and any day.
- You can absolutely treat your guests with this. Spend less time in kitchen and more time with your people.
- This curry can be turned into VEGAN easily.
This curry has 2 important components – PANEER & ITS MAKHANI CURRY BASE.
Let us have a look at these components before we start the recipe.
WHAT IS PANEER?
Paneer is an Indian Cottage Cheese. It is very similar to Solid Ricotta in its preparation. If you want to make Paneer at home, then it is a very easy recipe. CLICK HERE TO MAKE PANEER AT HOME.
If you are buying Paneer from the Indian Store, then I like to recommend either Deep or Haldiram Paneer.
WHAT IS MAKHANI CURRY?
Makhani curry is a rich curry from Indian Cuisine. It literally means Butter Curry made with the heavy use of Butter and Cream.
The base of Onions and Tomatoes is enriched with a good amount of butter and Cream. Paneer Makhnawala or Paneer Butter Masala is a popular dish from the Mughlai Cuisine and my blog.
If you are VEGAN or following a NON DAIRY DIET for some reason, then do not worry. You can still enjoy this lip-smacking recipe easily.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PANEER MAKHANI?
- Paneer is the main component of this Recipe. It can be easily substituted with Extra Firm Tofu. You can easily substitute it with Oven Baked Cauliflower also. For that matter, you can use any vegetable of your choice. Make sure it is parboiled before adding to the curry.
- Makhani Curry can be easily made VEGAN. Instead of adding Dairy Cream, you can add Heavy COCONUT CREAM to make this curry. Another way to make it VEGAN is by adding Cashew Paste to make the curry rich and delicious.
HOW TO MAKE CASHEW PASTE?
Making CAHEW PASTE is very easy. Soak 1/4 cup of Cashews in 1/2 cup luke-warm water. Drain the water and grind the cashews into a fine paste in a BLENDER. If required, add 1-2 tbsp water for easy grinding.
WHAT SPICES CAN BE USED IN MAKHANI CURRY?
Mst commonly, people use Garam Masala or Shahi Paneer Masala for this curry. If you do not have it and do not want to go extra shopping, then use Curry Powder instead.
How to make PANEER MAKHANI in INSTANT POT?
Yes, you can absolutely make this curry in an Instant Pot. It is actually pretty simple and non-complicated.
This whole curry can be made on SAUTE MODE itself. No need to cook in any other mode. When the screen displays hot, follow the instructions given in the recipe below and cook on saute mode for 10 minutes. If required, add little water.
Some Good Paneer Curries from my BLOG are
Original Paneer Makhani or Paneer Butter Masala,
Paneer Korma and more.
Click here to get the COLLECTION OF PANEER RECIPES.
THE SECRET INGREDIENT OF THE RECIPE
PASTA SAUCE. Yes, you read it right. Pasta Sauce is the STAR INGREDIENT of this recipe.
Make sure to read the ingredients of your Pasta Sauce when you purchase it for this recipe. For me, any local brand works since they are blander in taste and provide more room for recipe development. So stick with the simple basic PASTA SAUCE from the market that has the least ingredients. Go for the cheaper variety. CHEAP and LOCAL is the key.
This is how you make 10 MINUTES QUICK & EASY PANEER MAKHANI
10 Minutes Quick Easy Paneer Makhani Recipe
- 2 cups Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Heavy Cream use VEGAN options mentioned in the post above if you are VEGAN or want to make it healthier
- 1&1/2 tbsp Honey / Sugar to make it sugar free, use 1 to 2 tsp sugar substitute
- 1 tsp or to taste Garam Masala / Shahi Paneer
- 2 tsp Kasuri Methi
- To Taste Salt & Red Chili Powder
- 350 grams or 12 ounce Paneer, cubed into 1 inches
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Take a heavy bottom pan. Add 2 cups pasta sauce + 1/2 cup heavy cream + 1&1/2 tbsp honey/sugar + 1 tbsp Garam Masala or Shahi Paneer Masala + 1 tsp Kasuri Methi + Salt & Red chili powder to taste to the pan.
- Give it a good stir with a wire whisk. Now switch on the Stove and set the heat to medium. Place the heavy bottom pan on the stove top and cook the sauce covered for about 8 minutes.
- Adjust the salt, sugar and spices as per your liking. Add PANEER cubes and stir. Cover and cook for 2 minutes more. Add 1/4 cup of cream + 1 tsp Kasuri Methi after it is cooked. Stir gently and Serve it HOT.
- Paneer makhani goes best with Garlic Mint Naan or Regular Griddle Naan. It is often served with Jeera Rice in Indian Restaurants.
COMPLETE MENU THAT GOES WELL TO ENTERTAIN GUESTS
- If entertaining the guests, make this complete meal and have a great time over food. The menu can have this 10 Minutes Paneer Makhani, Dal Bukhara, Gobhi Achari, Pulav, Salad and Naan.
Isn’t this recipe a keeper? I am sure you are eager to try this. If you use any other kind of hacks to make your cooking efficient, then please come back and leave your experience in the comments.
Can’t make it now? ⇓PIN⇓ IT FOR LATER!
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!
Wow! My partner is from Mumbai area. So cooking for him is hard to impress when it comes to Indian food! BUT this recipe was sooo good!! I actually cooked my paneer for about 5 mins 1.5 each side in sunflower oil then added it to the sauce where i added garlic salt instead of just salt it was AMAZING!! Thank you so much!!
So glad to know that Emma. Do try some more recipes from my blog.
Hey sonal, this might sound stupid but I have never bought past sauce as no one in my family likes pasta. So kindly recommend a brand and place to buy the pasta sauce… I definitely want to try this recipe as soon as possible….
I buy any generic store brand pasta sauce since that is much bland in taste. If you have Kroger or Acme or Giant or Walmart or any store near you that you shop from….buy their brand pasta sauce. It is cheap and it is bland.
Also, make sure that it just says PASTA SAUCE on the front of it… say away from the ones that say garlic or mushroom or cheese or tomato basil…etc..
Just plain and simple pasta sauce.
AMAZING! the pasta sauce makes it just like (good) restaurant favourite. I made it with mushrooms that I halved because my supermarket was out of paneer Can’t believe it was so quick to get a great result. I just bought some new Garam Masala from the Hindu Jalpur millers in Leicester UK, its really good quality. Thankyou Sonal :):)
I am so glad that you find my work easy to follow! Thank you so much for all the feedback ☺️..
Yummiest looking Paneer Makhani ever!
Loved the explanation Sonal and the dish is indeed delicious. 10 mins and pasta sauce – incredible curry. And yes, I agree, why waste time on elaborate cooking when you have such lovely and delicious cheats that help you sail through your weeknights and help you spend more time with family. cheers!
I completely understand why people went crazy for this on facebook! It looks delicious and I love you call this Curry in a Hurry 🙂 I admit, I was really surprised by your secret ingredient 🙂 I am looking forward to making this one soon!
Awww thanks so much Shelby. If you try it then keep me posted
I love how simple and quick this recipe is. Curry in a hurry is a great name! I’ll have to try it
Awww thanks so much Diana 🙂
I love paneer in a curry, This looks like a great dinner option for mid-week because it’s so fast.
You got it right Jemma 🙂
Haha that secret ingredient is not a million miles away from the rumoured genesis of the chicken tikka masala, although that ingredient was tomato soup. I love the sound of this, so simple fast and great flavours.
Lol…thanks Brian!! It is really that stupendously easy
This dish looks and sounds absolutely delicious and so comforting! I can’t wait to try this recipe!
Making this tonight for Meat Free Monday!
Yayy thanks so much Tilly! Keep me posted with your feedback