Panera Bread Style Corn Chowder Instant Pot Recipe – Video Included
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You are going to love this Creamy and Yummy Corn Chowder Instant Pot Recipe. It is a lighter version of Panera Bread Style Summer Corn Chowder and so easy to make.
Stove Top instructions and a Small Video are also included.
Creamy & Yummy Panera Bread Style Corn Chowder Instant Pot Recipe
Have I ever told you that we are a Panera Bread Family? I mean the girls and I go there so often that even the ladies behind the counter now know us. Panera provides scrumptious meals and a great place to hang out with friends or just sit and work there while sipping on your favorite coffee and goodies.
Nope, it is not a Panera sponsored post. I am just mentioning it since it is one of our family favorite places to eat. You got to check out my Panera style Mac & Cheese, Black Bean Soup and Panera Style Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Souffles. Try making it at home. I promise that you will never make it any other way.
Summer is about to end in a month or so and so will the CROP OF CORN will come to an end with it. My family is enjoying the last bit of corn bounty that is there in the market as of now.
We are Grilling it, Currying it, Souping it and now Chowdering it. Yes, I make up my own words sometimes. That’s the influence of my teenager. Sometimes the trends flow in opposite directions in this household.
So keeping in mind that fresh corn will be gone in a month and how much I personally love the CORN CHOWDER of PANERA BREAD, I made my Corn Chowder in Instant Pot. You heard it right! GIve me a five, all you Instant Pot lovers.
Now the people who do not cook in Instant Pot and still want the recipe, I love you guys too. I have mentioned the instructional steps about making this CORN CHOWDER on STOVE TOP.
Read the whole post for all the tips and tricks to make this chowder at home.
Why should you make my CORN CHOWDER INSTANT POT RECIPE?
Here are my top reasons for making this recipe –
- It is THE CORN CHOWDER, that is creamy, yummy, scrumptious and oh-so-comforting.
- When your bread and potato kinda husband eats this chowder without asking for bread, this is surely a MUST MAKE CHOWDER.
- This recipe is inspired by PANERA BREAD’s popular CORN CHOWDER that is only available on their summer menu.
- Though it is a Panera’s copycat recipe, it is much LIGHTER and LESS LOADED in Calories.
- The best part is that it is made in INSTANT POT that makes it an effortless and mess free cooking.
- Vegan and Glutenfree suggestions are also mentioned in the post.
IF YOU TRY IT, THEN DO GIVE A SHOUT OUT ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA – FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND TWITTER.
Why should you make CORN CHOWDER in INSTANT POT?
- It is a simple and quick process in Instant Pot. Just 1 button, a few minutes and the cooking part is done.
- Making Corn Chowder in Instant Pot is completely a MESS FREE process.
- Cooking in Instant Pot is a HANDS-FREE process hence making it EFFORTLESS & CONVENIENT.
- It is so safe to use that even your teenager can cook without the fear of getting burnt. Instant Pot is COMPLETELY SAFE. If you have a college-going child then recipes like this will come in so handy for her/him.
- It is the most EFFICIENT kind of cooking that I have experienced so far. Hence if I can cook curry in it, then why not my pasta.
THESE ARE THE 2 TYPES OF INSTANT POTS THAT I RECOMMEND TO PURCHASE.
- Instant Pot Duo Plus 3 quarts 6-in-1 if you do not want to make yogurt at home. It is the cheapest model and works as well as Mini Duo 3 quarts 7-in-1. The 7-in-1 has yogurt setting added.
- Instant Pot Duo Plus 6 quarts 9-in-1. I am not sure why it is 9-in-1 since it has 14 functions that you can use for cooking including baking. Amazing, right?
I have both the models and use them regularly. My stove top cooking has become minimal. I used my 6 quarts Instant Pot for making this recipe.
Can I make VEGAN CORN CHOWDER in INSTANT POT?
Yes, absolutely This can be your VEGAN CORN CHOWDER made in INSTANT POT.
To substitute DAIRY in the recipe, use plant-based ingredients like almond milk or soy milk. Cashew milk will work very well too. Butter can be easily subbed by Vegetable oil here. Get the complete recipe from the RECIPE CARD below.
Can I make Glutenfree CORN CHOWDER in INSTANT POT?
This recipe can be made glutenfree as well. In place of All Purpose flour used in the recipe, use Corn flour or maize flour. This will make the glutenfree recipe easily.
Some SUGGESTIONS on personalizing the CORN CHOWDER in TASTE.
This is a simple soup with basic seasoning. You can completely personalize it to suit your palette. Some suggestions that I think would go great with this are –
- Add seasoning of your choices like that of Taco or Curry. Even a single flavoring of either rosemary or thyme or oregano can do wonders.
- You may make it spicy or mild or moderately hot. Tobasco does wonder to this recipe. I always add a dash of it. Sometimes I add cayenne pepper, or smoked paprika and even an extra dash of black pepper powder make it really warm and comforting.
- Garnishing the soup with different things will bring out different flavors in the recipe. You can garnish it with chives, scallion greens, cilantro or parsley. These add extra crunch to the chowder. Topping with some cheese would be fantastic.
Other VEGETARIAN INSTANT POT RECIPES from simplyvegetarin777.
Saag Aloo and many more.
Check out this small video on making Corn Chowder in Instant Pot.
This is how you make CORN CHOWDER INSTANT POT RECIPE
Corn Chowder Instant Pot Recipe
- 3 Large Corns or 3 cups corn kernels Best if used fresh. Frozen can be used as well.
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Peppers finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Peppers finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Potato, russett finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped. De-seed it for less spicy
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 5 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp Butter use oil for vegan recipe
- 2 tsp or to taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp or to taste Black Pepper powder freshly grounded preferred
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour use gluten-free flour if required
- 1 cup MIlk I used 2% milk. You may use heavy cream or half & half for richer recipe
- 1-2 Tbsp Green part of the Scallions/Green Onions
- Sprinkle of Smoked Paprika as Garnish
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE RECIPE CARD FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING.
- Gather all your ingredients. Place the inner pot inside the 6 quart Instant Pot and plug it in. Once the screen displays HOT, add Butter in it. Once the butter starts melting, add garlic, jalapeno, and onions to the butter. Saute for 2 minutes till onion becomes slightly soft.
- Now add red and green bell peppers. Give it a good stir. Cook for 1 minute. Add cut potatoes and corn to the pot. Give another good stir. Add 5 cups water + salt + black pepper to it. Give another good stir.
- Cancel SAUTE MODE.
PRESSURE COOK / MANUAL MODE
- Place the Lid on the Instant Pot. Set the FLOATING VALVE to SEALING. Set the Manual / Pressure Cook Mode on MORE & HIGH PRESSURE for 3 MINUTES.
- Once the timer goes off, follow QPR (quick pressure release manually). Once the safety valve drops down, carefully open the lid of Instant Pot.
- Take a hand blender or immersion blender and blitz through the soup 3-4 times. We do not want a mushy soup/chowder. Blend only a little bit so that it adds a little volume to the chowder.
SAUTE MODE AGAIN
- Take a cup and add all purpose flour and milk together to make a smooth paste or slurry. Make sure there is no lump in it.
- Press the Saute mode and set on high for 5 Minutes. Let the chowder thicken for 5 minutes. Stir often to avoid burning at the bottom. Your CORN CHOWDER in Instant Pot is ready.
- Add garnish and serve it warm.
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
- Take a sauce pan for this recipe. Follow the instructions from SAUTE MODE above as is. After adding water, bring it to a boil. Then cover and cook on medium to low heat till potatoes are soft in texture. You might have to use more water in stove top method. Now add the all purpose flour + milk mixture as well at the same time to the pan. Cook further for 5-7 minutes till it thickens to chowder consistency.
- You may make Corn Chowder in pressure cooker as well. Follow steps from saute mode as is. Then pressure cook for 1 whistle or the first time the weight f cooker goes off. Quickly remove the pressure manually. Open the cooker lid and add all purpose flour and milk mixture. Cook further uncovered on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, till it thickens to chowder consistency.
I am sure you are going to make this recipe soon and enjoy a hearty meal or soup any time of the week.
Can’t Make it Now? PIN IT FOR LATER!
In my Kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!
I’m a little sight challenged. I cannot find the video.
Wonderful !! I always likes all of your recipes
Thank you Neha.
Thank you for this yummy recipe. I just finished a bowl. So good!!! This goes into the saved file. I will certainly make this again.
You made me one happy girl Nancy. Thanks for the feedback.
Now that’s an instant pot feast. So glad you figured out the recipe from Panera for me 🙂 All I have to do is switch out the milk for dairy-free and my house is set. Thanks!
Thanks Ginny.pleasd do try it!
A great tasty meal, easy to make and perfect for a family meal. Chowder is such a good dish, full of flavour and deliciously creamy.
Love Chowder and it’s a complete meal for sure
Fresh corn is so delicious. It is lovely to have an abundance of it during summer. Making chowder is a great use, so tasty and the perfect comfort food.
So true…summer bounty should be enjoyed till it lasts.
Looks so comforting. Yet another reason I need to get an instant pot!
You will love the instant pot Matt
Even though it’s hot here, I’ve been craving soup lately! Nothing beats a good bowl of soup. Love that this is made in an Instat Pot. Easy!
I can have soup any given time of the year
This looks super comforting, deliciously thick and a complete meal. I wouldn’t mind bowlfuls of these Sonal!
Thank you dear