Spaghetti Aglio E Olio – Easy Delicious Pasta Recipe
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio – Easy Delicious Pasta Recipe! The name of the recipe sounds like a tongue twister. Doesn’t it? My apologies but whenever I say the name, I say spaghetti and just make a rolling tongue sound to say the complete name – spaghetti a..lalala…o.. No kidding!
I can probably say the name right if I try hard enough, but man…it is too freakin complicated and loooooong. I have to manage my time rather than saying it all loud and clear.
Few weekends ago, I had prepared the complete Italian Meal from scratch, The pull apart Bread-sticks (right out off the oven) , Crispy garden salad (with market bought ranch) and the Spaghetti Aglio E Olio made to the lunch table on one of those glorious sundays.
Can I praise myself a little bit? It was better than the Olive Garden meal and practically at no cost. The pull apart bread-sticks recipe is coming up soon.
Also, I am compiling a list of 20 Vegetarian Spaghetti/Linguini recipes on the BUZZFEED! You might want to save it once it is out. Will link it back to the post, once that is featured.
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio is a traditional Italian Pasta Dish from Naples. This dish is prepared by sauteing garlic lightly in olive oil. Spaghetti is then tossed in this oil and garnished with parsley and sometimes red chili flakes and grated parmesan or pecorino cheese.
Did you know that, many New York Italian-Americans refer to the dish as “alla-ul” due to the influence of Southern Italian pronunciation in the area. 
My daughters are absolutely crazy about Spaghetti Aglio E Olio. Most of the times, I am sneaking some vegetables in their pasta. They make a face and I overlook that little frown on their face.
Being a mom is soooo hard most of the times. That Sunday was a gloomy Sunday and all of our were moods were low and dampened. Nothing seemed to be working right. As soon as I announced that Spaghetti Aglio E Olio is on the lunch menu, I could see girls cheering up and getting chirrupy.
The whole house smelled of freshly baked breadsticks and garlic in spaghetti. It was just amazing.
I have adapted this recipe from Ina Garten . I love her recipes since they are simple and elegant. This is one such recipe – simple, elegant and easy.
- Spaghetti, dry - 1 pound (whole packet)
- Garlic - 7 to 8 large cloves, chopped roughly
- Parsley - 2 tbsp, fresh and chopped
- Olive Oil - ¼ cup
- Red Chili flakes - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese - ½ cup, grated
- Boil the spaghetti as per the instructions given at the back of the packet. Keep it al-dante (slightly firm).
- Reserve 1&1/2 cups of spaghetti water in a cup, that will be used to make the delicate sauce.
- Drain the pasta and set aside. Do not run under cold water.
- Take a wide pan and heat olive oil in it.
- Add roughly chopped garlic to it and fry on medium low heat for about 2 minutes, till it turns golden on the edges. Do not brown it all.
- Add red chili flakes and saute for few more seconds. Add the pasta water carefully to the hot pan. Add salt to taste, about 1 tsp.
- Boil and then simmer till the pasta water is reduced to ⅓rd.
- Add the boiled spaghetti, fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Toss it well and let rest for 5 minutes for the flavors to be absorbed well.
- Serve it warm with fresh House Salad and some super soft bread sticks on the side, for complete meal.
I know you all are drooling by now and surely surprised at how easy it is to put together. Few ingredients and just few tosses, that’s it! 🙂
Can’t make it now? Pin it for Later!
In my Kitchen, EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY !
 – wikipedia