This Detox Tomato Soup Instant Pot Recipe is so delicious & easy to make. It is a kind of Dump & Cook Tomato Soup Recipe. The Detox Soup is loaded with the goodness of vegetables and turmeric.
Important – Please scroll down towards the end for the COMPLETE RECIPE in the RECIPE CARD. You will find some tips and important information in between.
Easy & Delicious Tomato Detox Soup Recipe
Since I am always busy creating and testing recipes, over-indulgence becomes the second nature. And it is unavoidable. I have learnt to balance my eating over the period of time.
This Detox Tomato Soup is my go to meal anytime of the day or week. Since it is loaded with the goodness of vegetables, ginger, garlic, and turmeric, it is the best food in hand. I call it my Soup Cleansing.
Although many DIET PLANS call this as a WEIGHT LOSS SOUP because of the use of cabbage and tomatoes, I take no guarantee to that. I like to consume it more for the cleansing of my system every now and then.
I always keep it stocked in my refrigerator. Have you checked my DETOX LENTIL & VEGETABLES SOUP YET? It is a super hit recipe and loved by many.
What is Soup Cleansing?
Soup Cleansing is also known as Souping. You eat soups for some days to detox your body.
Soup cleansing is feeding your body with Nutrient Rich Vegetables in an easy to digest way. Hence the gut gets a break.
This principle is my inspiration behind substituting some of my meals in a week with this Tomato Soup.
Ingredients used in Soup
Tomato – Since tomato is high in Lycopene, it can help protect the body from cancer and assist in detoxifying the body.
Cabbage – Since it is rich in Fiber, Vitamin C, and Sulphur, Cabbage is amazing to be used for detoxifying. The best way to use cabbage for detoxifying is in soups and stews.
Carrots – Carrots are loaded with Vitamin A. This Vitamin works with the liver to reduce the Bile and help flush out the fat.
Onion – As onion has anti-bacterial and fiber rich, it is excellent to be included in detox diet.
Ginger – Since Ginger has the ability to stimulate the digestion, it is great to be included in your diet.
Garlic – Garlic has many anti-bacterial agents. Also, consuming garlic activates liver detox enzymes.
Turmeric – Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. It is amazing for your whole body. Include a bit of turmeric everyday in your meals.
Black Pepper – Black pepper is most under rated ingredient used in cooking. Since it has anti-inflammatory properties and high in anti-oxidants, it actually is very beneficial.
Kitchen Gadgets Used
- 6 quart Instant Pot or You can easily make it in MEALTHY MULTIPOT as well. If you would like, you must check out Mealthy Crisp Lid. It works as an air-fryer and broiler over your 6 quart lid of IP as well.
- Hand Held Blender
- Inner Pot
- Kitchen Colander
- Chopping board & Kitchen Knife
- Kitchen Stirring Spoon
- Soup Bowls
- Soup Spoons
Benefits of Tomato Detox Soup
I am no dietician or doctor to recommend this soup to you in medical terms. But as a person who consumes this often, I can recommend it on my personal experience. For the following reasons –
- First of all, even though it says DETOX SOUP, it is super delicious and so appetizing.
- This Tomato Soup is high in fiber.
- The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties in this soup are amazing.
- You can make a big batch of it and store in the refrigerator and use as required.
- This detox tomato soup is almost a DUMP & COOK recipe.
- It is light yet very filling soup that is Nourishing & very Nutritious.
- This Detox Soup is OIL FREE, almost 0 Weight Watchers smart points.
- Although it is a Tomato Detox Soup, but if you will increase the quantity of Cabbage in it, it will be a CABBAGE DETOX SOUP.
Can I make this soup on the Stove Top?
Oh yes, absolutely. You can make this Easy Detox Soup with Turmeric & Ginger on Stove Top easily.
How long can I store this Soup?
You can easily refrigerate it for a week in an air tight glass container. I would not recommend freezing it though you can. Since it is a detox soup and sooooo easy to make, try making it often.
How to make Detox Soup in Instant Pot?
This soup is a 1-2-3 process. Just dump it all, cook and blend.
- Wash all the vegetables in a Kitchen Colander. Now roughly chop them on the Chopping board . Set them aside.
- Place the Inner Pot inside the 6 quart Instant Pot and plug it in. Add all the chopped vegetables and 1 cup of water inside the Inner Pot. Add turmeric, salt and black pepper powder to it.
- Close the lid of the IP and set the floating valve on SEALING. Cook it on HIGH PRESSURE COOK MODE for 15 minutes. Follow NPR after it.
- Add 3 cups of room temperature water to the boiled vegetables and blend it with a Hand Held Blender till smooth. Stir it with Stirring Spoon. The liquidity of this soup can be adjusted to your personal liking. If this still is too thick for you, add more water.
- Now you can add other herbs of your choice to this soup like rosemary or basil or mint. You can personalize it to your liking.
- Serve it in Soup Bowls or Soup Mugs and Enjoy a Hearty Soup that is effortless, delicious and super easy to make.
PRO TIP – This recipe is adaptable to your personal liking. You can increase or decreases the quantity of the ingredients in the soup to your liking. The quantity of tomatoes and cabbage can be adjusted to however you like. There is no hard and fast rule.
Simply Vegetarian777 Instant Pot Vegetarian Soups
Simply Vegetarian777 Instant Pot Vegan Recipes
How to make Detox Tomato Soup in Instant Pot?
Super Easy & Delicious Detox Soup made in Instant Pot. It is nutritious and nourishing. The best part is that it is Vegan and Gluten-free.
- 5 large Tomatoes Chopped roughly
- 1/4 of a medium size Cabbage Chopped roughly
- 1 small Red Onion Chopped roughly
- 1 large Carrot Chopped roughly
- 1 large piece Ginger Chopped roughly
- 2 large cloves of Garlic Chopped roughly
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp or to taste Black Pepper powder
- 1 tsp or to taste Salt
Close the lid of the IP and set the floating valve on SEALING. Cook it on HIGH PRESSURE COOK MODE for 15 minutes. Follow NPR after it.
Add 3 cups of room temperature water to the boiled vegetables and blend it with a Hand Held Blender till smooth. Stir it with Stirring Spoon. The liquidity of this soup can be adjusted to your personal liking. If this still is too thick for you, add more water.
Now you can add other herbs of your choice to this soup like rosemary or basil or mint. You can personalize it to your liking.
Serve it in Soup Bowls or Soup Mugs and Enjoy a Hearty Soup that is effortless, delicious and super easy to make.
PRO TIP - This recipe is adaptable to your personal liking. You can increase or decreases the quantity of the ingredients in the soup to your liking. The quantity of tomatoes and cabbage can be adjusted to however you like. There is no hard and fast rule.
For making this soup on stove top, you will use Heavy bottom sauce pan. Add all the vegetables & spices to it with 3 cups water. Bring it to a boil and then cook it covered on medium heat till the vegetables are soft. Might take 20 minutes or more. Then blend and add more water if needed. Your Stove Top Detox Tomato Soup is ready.
Storage - You can refrigerate this soup in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
I am sure you are going to try this recipe soon. Please leave your feedback under comments section and RATE THE RECIPE. Would greatly appreciate it.