Stuffed Cheesy Bread Dominos Copycat Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stuffed Cheesy Bread or Cheesy Garlic Bread is the most loved anytime snack at home. The recipe is so easy that I make it often for the kids. Oozing with cheese and bursting with flavors, it is a must try recipe for sure.
Instructional Video Attached for better understanding.
Since this Stuffed Cheesy Bread is a Domino’s copycat recipe, it is similar to that and not exactly like it. Nonetheless, the result is mind blowing.
Please Note – You can find the complete recipe at the bottom of the post in a RECIPE CARD. In between, I have included some tips and other information related.
Easy Stuffed Cheesy Bread Domino’s Copycat Recipe
Often known as Stuffed Garlic Bread, this Cheesy & super delicious bake is so awesome. It is a very popular bread developed by Domino’s Pizza company and is offered under their breads selection.
The best part is that it is so easy to make.
Such a hassle-free recipe that I make it often at the request of the family. This recipe does not need the whole day in prepping and proofing. And can be ready in no time.
Since I have started proofing the bread dough in my Instant Pot, it is such a breeze. Takes out the guess game and waiting…and is proofed in an hour in IP on yogurt mode.
If your IP does not have yogurt mode, then it can be proofed on the counter. Read the post to get the instructions for that.
BTW, have you checked our other Bread Recipes, where the dough is proofed in IP and then later baked in the oven?
Muffin Tray Dinner Rolls Dough in IP
Ingredients of Stuffed Garlic Cheesy Bread
Here is the list of the needed ingredients –
Instant Yeast – Although I like using Instant Yeast, you can use dry active yeast as well. Read below how to use active dry yeast.
Luke warm water – between the temperature 105-110*F.
Spices & Condiments – Salt, Garlic Powder, dry Oregano, Sugar, chili flakes, dry parsley
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Seasonal Vegetables of Choice – I have used sweet corn, chopped bell peppers and finely chopped spinach & chopped jalapenos.
WHY SHOULD I USE INSTANT YEAST? CAN I USE DRY ACTIVE YEAST?
Since there is no strings attached to Instant Yeast, I love using it. There is no blooming needed and you can add it directly to the flour with other ingredients.
If you have been using Dry Active Yeast in your bread baking recipes, then go for it. First bloom it in lukewarm water with sugar in it. Once it bubbles up, it is ready to be used.
How to use Active Dry Yeast in a recipe?
If you choose to substitute instant yeast with active dry yeast, then the quantity of the yeast used in a recipe remains the same. For example, if a recipe calls for 1 tsp instant yeast, then you will use 1 tsp active dry yeast.
Here is how you will proceed with it –
- Take a bowl and add the required amount of lukewarm liquid to it.
- Add the required amount of active dry yeast and the sugar as mentioned in the recipe. Give it a light stir.
- Cover and leave the bowl on the counter for 5 minutes. It should bloom and froth in that time.
- Open the lid. Check if it has doubled and frothed. If yes, then use the whole thing in the recipe.
- If the yeast hasn’t frothed, it is old and no good. Discard it
PRO TIP – I always keep my yeast refrigerated for long shelf life.
IS YEAST VEGAN?
Yeast is a single celled organism that is classified as a fungus. That makes YEAST 100% VEGAN. If you can eat mushroom as vegan, then you can easily consume Yeast.
WHAT IS THE BEST TEMPERATURE TO WORK WITH YEAST?
The Yeast acts best at the lukewarm temperature which is 105-110*F. I highly recommend keeping this under 10 bucks KITCHEN THERMOMETER at home. It comes very handy for all your kitchen needs where the temperature of the liquid matters.
KITCHEN GADGETS USED IN THE RECIPE
To Proof the Bread – Although, I used my MINI DUO 3 QUART INSTANT POT to proof the dough. You may use 6 quart Instant Pot. Or You can easily make it in MEALTHY MULTIPOT as well. This recipe works with the IPs with yogurt button. See below for options if you do not have Instant Pot.
If you would like, you must check out Mealthy Crisp Lid. It works as an air-fryer and broiler over your 6 quart lid of IP as well.
Kitchen Thermometer – I highly recommend to use it. Rather you must have it in your kitchen if you are a cooking enthusiast. I have this and this one is really cheap and works as efficiently. Of course you can buy an expensive one too. If you do not want to use a kitchen thermometer, then the simple test is – put your finger in the lukewarm water and if you can keep it inside till the count of 5, it is good to go.
Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer with Hook Attachment – I love using mine on daily basis and would highly recommend it. You may use this Cuisinart electric stand mixer with the dough hook attachment. If you do not have one, then use your hands to knead.
FEW TIPS & INFO FOR HOME-MADE STUFFED BREAD
- You can make the dough by kneading it for good 10 minutes by hand or 5-7 minutes in standing mixer.
- Though I love using Instant Rise Yeast, but it does not mean that you can not use the active dry yeast. Use whichever is handy. Since Instant Yeast is easy to use, it is added directly to the flour. On the other hand, you have to bloom/activate the Active Dry Yeast with lukewarm water and sugar.
- It is good to have a dough for this recipe that is soft enough and easy to roll.
- Water should always be between 105* – 110*F.
- This Bread is rolled out first, then stuffed with the fillings, finally folded into a half moon. The trade mark of this bread is the LONG SLITS made on the surface of the bread. That makes it easier to cut after baking.
- Remember to make the slits/cuts on the top layer of the bread. The cuts should not pierce through the bottom layer of the bread.
- This recipe gives enough dough to make either 2 large 6-7 inches wide Bread or you can make 4 small personal ones too. If you are hosting a party, then make minis out of it.
- The best part is to enjoy the baking process. It is a great joy and therapy.
HOW TO PROOF THE BREAD IF I DO NOT HAVE INSTANT POT OR YOGURT BUTTON ON IT?
If you do not have Instant Pot to proof the bread, you can easily proof the dough without it.
Take a steel or glass container and make dough in it. Cover with a damp cloth/kitchen towel and place a lid. Place it in the warm spot of your kitchen. Closed oven is the best bet. Wait for 2-3 hrs till it doubles up. And then follow the instructions as mentioned above.
SIMPLYVEGETARIAN777 IP VEGAN RECIPES
Focaccia Bread, Dinner Rolls, Mexican Pinto Beans, Burrito Bowls, Red Thai Curry, Kung Pao Spaghetti and more.
SIMPLYVEGETARIAN777 IP DESSERTS
NYC Cheesecake in Jar, Chocolate Cheesecake in Jar, Red Velvet Cake, Pumpkin Cheesecake and more.
How to make Domino’s Style Cheesy Stuffed Bread?
VIDEO of Stuffed Garlic Bread
Stuffed Cheesy Bread Dominos Copycat Recipe
This Domino's Style Cheesy Stuffed Bread is super easy to make. The dough is proofed in Instant Pot and then it is baked in the oven. It is super delicious and a family favorite.
- Dough Ingredients
- All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
- Instant Yeast/ Active Dry Yeast (I used Instant Yeast) - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1&1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1&1/2 tsp
- Dry Oregano - 1&1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- 1/2 cup Lukewarm Water (keep 1 cup lukewarm water ready. Every brand of flour soaks up different amount of water)
Cheesy Bread Stuffing Ingredients
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded - 1 cup
- Sweet corn kernels, thawed in microwave - 1/4 cup
- Bell peppers finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- Spinach, finely chopped (if using frozen, then thaw it first in microwave) - 1/4 cup
Cheesy Bread Toppings
- Dry Oregano - 1/4 tsp
- Dry Parsley - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1/4 tsp
- few shakes of Salt & Black Pepper
- Red Chili Flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Butter, melted - 2 tbsp
WATCH THE VIDEO ATTACHED FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING.
Preparing the Cheesy Stuffed Bread Dough
- Firstly, Warm up 1 cup warm water between the temperature 105*-110*F. Check it with the Kitchen Thermometer. Take out 1/2 cup of warm water and add olive oil to it and Set aside. Use the rest of the 1/3 cup of warm water if needed. Sometimes different brand flour require different amount of water to make a good dough.
- Now take your standing mixer bowl (Kitchen Aid or any other) and add Flour, Salt, Sugar, Instant Yeast, Garlic Powder, Dry Oregano to it.
- Place the bowl on your electric mixer and mix the flour with other dry ingredients using the dough hook. Keep the speed at 2.
- Add 1/2 cup of lukewarm water with oil in it to the flour. Keep the speed at 6 and knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes till it combines and make a smooth ball of dough. If more water is needed, then add 1/2 tbsp water at a time to bring the dough together.
- The dough should be nice and soft, not too loose.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE ELECTRIC STANDING MIXER?
If you do not have electric standing mixer, then you prepare the dough with hands. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes with stretching and gathering motion.
PROOFING THE DOUGH IN INSTANT POT
- Now lightly grease the inner pot of the IP using your hands. Gather the dough and tuck it in from all the sides.
- First place the dough inside the inner pot. Then plug in the IP and close the lid. Set the Valve to SEALING.
- Press YOGURT BUTTON and set it at 1:00 hour at Normal Mode.
- Once the timer goes off, open the lid. You will notice that the dough has risen up to its double quantity or more.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE YOGURT MODE ON MY IP?
If you do not have yogurt mode on your IP, then proof the dough in a warm place for about 2 hrs or till it doubles in size. Cover the bowl with a damp paper towel and place a heavy lid on it.
PREPARING THE CHEESY STUFFED BREAD
- Before you start prepping the bread, PREHEAT THE OVEN at 375*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Firstly take the dough out and divide into 2 equal parts. Roll each dough and form a ball.
- Now roll out each ball into 6-7 inches wide circle. Spread 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella on half of the circle. Top with 2 tbsp sweet corn, 2 tbsp bell peppers & 2 tbsp spinach. Spread 1/4 cup of cheese on top. You can use less cheese if you want.
- Keep the edges of the circle clean. Take some water on your forefinger and apply on the clean edge of the circle.
- Fold the circle into semi-circle and press the edges together. Use a fork and press + seal the edges tight. Watch the Video for better understanding.
- Now spread 1 tbsp melted butter on top of the bread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle the top of the bread with a fat pinch each of - garlic powder, dry parsley, dry oregano, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes.
- Take a sharp knife and make slits on the top layer of the bread, about 1 inch apart. Make sure not to cut through the bread.
- Repeat the same process with the other portion of the dough as well.
Place the ready to bake cheesy breads on the lined baking sheet.
Baking the Stuffed Cheesy Bread
- Place the baking sheet inside the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes till you get nice golden color on the top.
- I baked mine for about 20 minutes and put it under the broiler for 2 minutes for beautiful color.
- Take it out of the oven. Let rest for 2-3 minutes. Then cut along the pre-made slits.
Can I bake it in AIR FRYER OR IP AIR FRYER LID?
Yes absolutely. For Air fryer or IP air fryer lid, follow the same instructions as above for the prep part.
Preheat the Air fryer or IP air fryer lid at 350*f. Then place the “ready to bake” stuffed cheese bread on the air fryer friendly parchment paper and slide it on the air fryer basket.
Air fry it for about 15-18 minutes at 350*f or till it gets golden at the top. Check at about 13-14 minutes to see if it’s done.
Serve it with warm Marinara Sauce for best results.
1. If you do not have electric standing mixer, then you can knead the dough by hand for 10 minutes.
2. If you do not have Instant Yeast and want to use Active Dry Yeast, then bloom it first in 2/3 cup of warm water with sugar. Let sot for 5 minutes. Once it blooms, use that liquid in the flour to make dough.
3. If your IP does not have yogurt button, then you can proof it on the counter top. Just cover the bowl with dough in it with a damp cloth and place in a warm place of your kitchen (in the closed oven). Let rise for 2 hrs and use as directed above.
4. If you do not want to use a kitchen thermometer, then the simple test is – put your finger in the lukewarm water and if you can keep it inside till the count of 5, it is good to go.
5. You can make 2 large, 4 personal or many mini portions out of this recipe.
6. You can use any vegetables of choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Betty CrockerSet of 3 Non-Stick Cookie and Baking Sheets - Includes Large, Medium, and Small Cookie Sheet. Non-stick Coated Steel and Dishwasher Safe
McCormick Parsley Flakes, 0.87 oz
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Red Pepper, Crushed, 2 Ounces
McCormick Mediterranean Style Oregano Leaves, 5 oz
McCormick Garlic Salt, 9.5 oz
King Arthur Flour 100% Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, 5 Pound (Pack of 6)
Red Star Quick Rise Yeast, 3/4-Ounce (Pack of 9)
Instant Pot Duo Mini 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 3 Quart, 11 One-Touch Programs
Habor 022 Meat Thermometer, Instant Read Thermometer Digital Cooking Thermometer,
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Non Slip Plastic Cutting Board,Rectangle Chopping Board Set with Knife and Peeler
Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 564Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gSodium 590mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 3gSugar 18gProtein 13g
The provided nutrition information is an estimate. Please confirm with your doctor or nutritionist before attempting this recipe if you are on a special diet.
Where is the video?
On mobile, video pops up on the top left in few seconds.
I tried this this came out awesome but it was little dry when we ate the bread
Probably you over baked it
I work at domino’s, this isn’t even close to it
Thanks for commenting. It says “COPYCAT” that means it’s similar but not exactly like that. Moreover Domino’s has different recipes for different countries. I love Thai flavor from Domnino’s India.