It is so easy to make Vegan Focaccia Bread at home that you will be addicted to make it often. Since I have started proofing it in Instant Pot, it has become a regular feature in my kitchen. Kids love it and I love it as it is a NO KNEAD FOCACCIA BREAD.
The Post has a detailed VIDEO of how to make Easy Herbed Focaccia Bread at home. Also, I have made many tips and suggestions through out the post. Read it thoroughly or just scroll down to the bottom for the complete recipe.
Easy Vegan Focaccia Bread – Instant Pot Recipe
Who doesn’t like a beautiful golden bake? I mean look at it. Isn’t she a BEAUT?
I bake breads pretty often at home. Believe me, it is not a rocket science.
Baking is not an estimated work. It is a measured science. I am a self taught amateurish baker and I love it.
What is Focaccia Bread?
Focaccia is an Italian Flat Bread baked in an oven. It is similar to pizza dough.
Focaccia is served as a side to many meals. Though it is available in Rosemary flavors mostly, you can use any desired fresh or dry herbs to enrich it.
The prominent feature of Focaccia is the dimpled look on the surface.
Since Focaccia has the least amount of Ingredients, it is very easy to make.
Instant Yeast – I have always used Instant Yeast while baking a bread and it has never disappointed me. I love Fleischmann’s brand. Buy the solo packets since they are perfect. These are designed for one time use. You can use Dry Active Yeast also. But you have to activate it before using.
Sugar – Though when you are using instant yeast, you do not require sugar as a must but still add it. Since sugar brings out the flavors of the bread. If you are using dry active yeast, add sugar as a must to activate it.
Olive Oil – Italian food and Olive oil go hand in hand. Though I highly recommend Olive Oil, you may use any other cooking oil too.
Kitchen Gadgets Used in making No Knead Focaccia in Instant Pot
- To Proof the Bread – 6 quart Instant Pot or You can easily make it in MEALTHY MULTIPOT as well. If you would like, you must check out Mealthy Crisp Lid. It works as an air-fryer and broiler over your 6 quart lid of IP as well. See below for options if you do not have Instant Pot.
- Kitchen Thermometer – I highly recommend to use it. Rather you must have it in your kitchen if you are a cooking enthusiast. I have this and this one is really cheap and works as efficiently. Of course you can buy an expensive one too.
- Wooden Spatula or plastic spatula
- Baking Pan or Sheet or Cake pan – I have used a square baking pan to make focaccia since it is easy to manage the shape. Originally, it is stretched and flattened on a baking tray. Many people use shallow Round Cake Pans too.
- And yes you need an Oven to bake it.
Herbed Vegan Focaccia Recipe
As I mentioned above, Focaccia is the easiest bread to make at home. If you are new to bread making, then this should be the first one to get your hands on.
Watch the Step by Step Instructional Video of Vegan Focaccia Bread for better understanding.Here is the step by step instructions and for complete details including measurements etc, please scroll down to the RECIPE CARD.
- Keep all the measured ingredients ready.
- Take your 6 quart Electric Pressure Cooker and place the inner pot. Plug it in. Add water to the inner pot and Press the Saute Mode and set it on Normal.
- Place your Kitchen Thermometer in the pot and warm it up between 105-110 degrees Fahrenheit. Cancel the Saute Mode. Take out the inner pot. Make sure that the water is between thementioned temperature, neither less nor more. Or else the yeast will not activate.
- Now add Sugar + Salt and whisk it well. Slit open your Instant Yeast packet and add it to the water. Mix again.
- Add Bread Flour + Olive Oil and mix all of it together with a wooden spatula. Keep Mixing till everything is mixed and comes together as Sticky dough. Take some olive oil in your hand and gather the dough inside the pot.
- Place the inner pot in IP. Set it for 2 hrs on NORMAL YOGURT MODE. Place the Valve on SEALING.
- Once the timer goes off, release the pressure. Open the lid. You will find the dough proofed and doubled.
- Preheat the oven at 450*F.
- Take baking pan and flour it lightly. Dump the Focaccia dough in the pan. Spread it out with your hands. Dip fingers in olive oil & Poke the dough on top to create dimples.
- Sprinkle fresh rosemary leaves on top and press it down. Now sprinkle some sea salt and freshly cracked ground pepper. Press it down a bit.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400*F. Place the baking pan inside and bake for about 25-30 minutes till the focaccia top gets golden brown.
- Take it out. Brush it with more olive oil. Slice once it comes to room temperature.
Check out some Commonly asked Questions/FAQs answered here –
How to Store Leftover Focaccia?
How Long does Focaccia Stay fresh?
It stays good up to 3 days on cold days and about 1-2 days on hot summer days given the humidity. I would advise to store it in refrigerator if you have any leftovers after the 2nd day.
What do you serve Vegan Focaccia with?
Focaccia tastes amazing on its own. You can slice it and serve it with Olive Oil dips flavored with salt, pepper & herbs. You can also slice the focaccia horizontally into 2 and it will make great sandwich bread. I love toasting it and slather butter on top.
Is Yeast Vegan?
Yeast is a single celled organism that is classified as a fungus. That makes YEAST 100% VEGAN. If you can east mushroom as vegan, then you can easily consume Yeast.
What is the best temperature to work with YEAST?
The Yeast acts best at the lukewarm temperature which is 105-110*F. I highly recommend keeping this under 10 bucks KITCHEN THERMOMETER at home. It comes very handy for all your kitchen needs where the temperature of the liquid matters.
How to make sure that the Bread is Baked?
The bets way to tell if your bread is baked is – tap the bottom of your bread. If it sounds hollow then it is baked.
Simplyvegetarian777 Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
Simplyvegetarian777 INSTANT POT VEGAN ASIAN RECIPES
Some other Breads that are proofed in Electric Pressure Cooker
No Knead Vegan Focaccia Bread Easy Recipe
Learn how to make vegan focaccia bread. It is the easiest no knead bread recipe proofed in Instant Pot and baked with ease.
- 3&1/2 cups Bread Flour or All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 2 cups Luke Warm Water (105-110*f)
- 1 packet or 7g or 1/4 oz Instant Yeast
- 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp more Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 sprigs Rosemary Fresh or 1/2 tbsp Dry Rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp crytal salt, optional
Keep all the measured ingredients ready.
Place your Kitchen Thermometer in the pot and warm it up between 105-110 degrees Fahrenheit. Cancel the Saute Mode. Take out the inner pot. Make sure that the water is between the mentioned temperature, neither less nor more.
Rising/Proofing the Dough - Place the inner pot in IP. Set it for 2 hrs on NORMAL YOGURT MODE. Cover the inner pot with a kitchen towel on the top and then place a heavy plate or a lid on the top. You will find the dough has proofed and doubled after 2 hrs.
Now Preheat the oven at 450*F and then reduce the oven temperature to 400*F.
Take the square baking pan & and grease it lightly.
Take out the dough in the baking pan. The dough might be slightly loose to handle. Oil your hands lightly and gently spread it out evenly in the pan. Poke dimples on the focaccia. Spray a little oil on the focaccia. Sprinkle the rosemary leaves and crystal grainy salt on top.
Put the Baking Pan inside the Oven and bake for 25-30 minutes till the top turns golden.
Take it out of the oven. Let focaccia rest in the pan for 10 minutes. Take it out and cool on the cooling rack for about 20-30 minutes. Then slice it. If you will slice it too early, the crumb of the bread would be destroyed.
- The temperature of water is important. It should be between 105-110*F to work with yeast.
- You can add any herb of your choice to the dough.
- If you do not have Instant Pot to proof the bread, you can easily proof the dough without it. Take a steel or glass container and make dough in it. Cover with a damp cloth/kitchen towel and place a lid. Place it in the warm spot of your kitchen. Closed oven is the best bet. Wait for 2-3 hrs till it doubles up. And then follow the instructions as mentioned above.
I am sure you are going to try this recipe soon. Please share your feedback in comments section if you try it.
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY.