Thai Curry Noodles Instant Pot Recipe – Vegan & Easy
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thai Curry Noodles Instant Pot Recipe is a delicious recipe. It is loaded with vegetables, super easy to make and is VEGAN. This is quick to put together and so comforting.
SCROLL DOWN TILL THE END FOR THE COMPLETE RECIPE. Also, check out the small video clip attached just before the RECIPE CARD, for better understanding.
IMPORTANT – We use Amazon affiliate links on our website to make purchase suggestions. It does not cost you anything extra if you make a purchase through us. Rather it shall help the blog running with small commission earned.
Easy & Vegan Thai Curry Noodles Instant Pot Recipe
If you haven’t discovered yet, then this family is all about Thai food. We can go with Vegetarian Thai Food almost every single day. If you want proof then you may go type Thai on my search bar and find out how many of the Thai Recipes I have posted.
Though America is getting sensitive towards vegetarians and vegans, still it gets difficult to find Vegetarian Asian Food. Either the use of fish sauce or other such ingredients can spoil it for vegetarians.
You may say – hey if you do not like authentic, then skip it. My answer is – no, why should I? I am a foodie and I would eat what I wish to. If I can’t find it outside, then I will cook that dang delicious thing myself.
So here I am, a self-taught Vegetarian Thai Cuisine Amateur Home Cook. And before anyone points it out, I declare that THIS IS NOT AN AUTHENTIC RECIPE. It is my take on some of my favorite foods from the world around.
My TOP REASONS to make this Thai Curry Noodles Instant Pot Recipe at home
- It is done in 6 quart INSTANT POT. Therefore, it is a no spill or no mess ONE POT recipe.
- This recipe does not need any Oil. It is OIL-FREE.
- Thai Curry Noodles Recipe can be easily made GLUTENFREE. Suggestions are made in the post. Read carefully.
- It is a recipe that is delicious and really simple + easy to make.
- You can make it SOUPY by adding more coconut milk.
- It is a perfect MEATLESS MONDAY meal.
How to COOK VEGAN THAI FOOD?
Seriously, it is not rocket science to cook VEGAN THAI FOOD at home. IMHO, any recipe can be easily veganized at home. Here are a few tips that I follow to veganize any recipe, especially Asian Recipes which use shrimp paste and fish sauce abundantly in their cooking.
- I always READ THE INGREDIENTS mentioned at the back of the condiments that I purchase. The ingredients mentioned should be a handful, free of shrimp paste and/or fish sauce and any such ingredients. My most trusted quality BRAND for Thai Cooking is THAI KITCHEN. It’s curry pastes are free of any such derivatives. Therefore make an informed choice of ingredients.
- I try to find out the Alternatives of an Ingredient used in a recipe. The NET is full of recipes and suggestions. Read a few articles and try to come to a common conclusion and go from there. A good cook is always open to alternatives and adaptations.
- As an adapted cuisine lover, it is ok for me to adjust to my taste bearings. Therefore, 2 of my personal mantras in cooking and in general life also, are – ADJUST & ADAPT.
VEGAN THAI CURRY NOODLES INGREDIENTS
These are the easily found ingredients that I have used in the recipe –
- Lite Coconut Milk, unsweetened – 13.66 fl oz / 400 ml Cans
- Red Thai Curry Paste, vegan – 4 oz jar ( this is glutenfree as well)
- Soy Sauce.
- Thai Rice Noodles – handfuls ( I used this particular one for my one pot meal)
- Thai Basil – this is dry. The Fresh Thai Basil is easily available at your local grocery store & whole foods.
- Lemon Grass – this is online order. The fresh lemongrass is easily available at your local grocery store & whole foods.
- Garlic & Ginger
- Lime – zest & juice
- Brown Sugar – You may use sweetener of choices like honey, agave, or Splenda
- Salt as needed
- Fresh & Frozen Vegetables in combination. I used Frozen Edamame, frozen beans, frozen broccoli, or use frozen Asian stir fry packet, mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers, onion.
- Green Scallions or Spring Onions
- Roasted Peanuts spicy or salted
- Red Chili Flakes
GLUTENFREE THAI CURRY NOODLES RECIPE
If some of you are gluten allergic and looking for GLUTENFREE THAI CURRY NOODLES RECIPE, then it is fairly simple to adapt.
- The Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste is Glutenfree.
- Make sure that the coconut milk that you purchase is Glutenfree.
- Completely Glutenfree Noodles are easily available in the market.
- Use TAMARI SAUCE instead of Soy sauce.
COCONUT MILK SUBSTITUTE IN RECIPE
I have been asked a few times about the coconut milk substitute in a recipe. It was hard for me to comprehend. However, with a few discussions here and there, I would like to make these suggestions. Please make these adaptations depending upon your preference. I have not tested these substitutions but others have. So, here you go –
- For 1 can of Coconut Milk –> Mix 400 ml /13.66 fl oz plant-based milk, preferably Almond Milk with 1-2 drops of Coconut Extract and use.
- For 1 can of Coconut Milk –> Mix 400 ml/13.66 fl oz almond milk with 1 to 2 tbsp Coconut Meal/flour + 1-2 drops of Coconut Extract and blend.
See what works. Or if you have used any other substitute with success, please leave it under comments section for everyone’s benefit. Thank you.
INDIAN VEGETARIAN INSTANT POT RECIPES FROM SIMPLYVEGETARIAN777
Chana Masala, Rajma Masala, Pav Bhaji, Saag Aloo,Vegetable Pulao (Rice), Madras Lentils, Garlic Dal and more.
INSTANT POT CAKES FROM SIMPLYVEGETARIAN777
Eggless Red Velvet Cake, Banana Bread, Chocolate Cake
VEGETARIAN INSTANT POT RECIPES FROM SIMPLYVEGETARIAN777
Green Thai Curry, Red Thai Curry, Tom Yum, Lentil Soup, Tuscan Soup, Taco soup, Enchilada Soup, Pasta Primavera, Creamy Cajun Pasta and more.
THAI CURRY NOODLES IN INSTANT POT VIDEO
EASY & VEGAN THAI CURRY NOODLES INSTANT POT RECIPE – COMPLETE RECIPE
Thai Curry Noodles Instant Pot Recipe - Vegan & Easy
CURRY BASE INGREDIENTS
- 2 Cans or 13.66 ounce/400 ml Coconut Milk, Light & unsweetened
- 1 small jar of 4 ounce Red Curry Paste Thai Kitchen Brand
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce Dark
- 1&1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar or to taste
- 1 small bunch Thai Basil Leaves
- 1 Fresh Lemongrass husk removed and chopped
- 1 large piece Ginger chopped fine
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped fine
- 8-10 stems with leaves Cilantro, fresh
- 1 Lime Zest delicately grate the outer skin of lime to get zest
- 1 Green Thai Chili or Jalapeno finely chopped, optional
- To Taste Salt
Vegetables & Noodles
- 2 handfuls of Rice Noodles literally handful. check the video
- 4-6 cups of fresh and frozen Vegetables I go overboard with my vegetables. You may use as less or more as required.
- 1 Lime Juice
Toppings / Garnish
- 1 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- To taste Lime Juice
- 2-3 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts, spicy or plain salted
- 2-3 sprigs of Scallions or Green Onions finely chopped
Making Red Thai Curry Base For the Recipe
- Insert the inner liner in the 6 quart Instant Pot. Plug it in.
- Add all the ingredients as mentioned under Red Thai Curry to the inner pot. It includes - coconut milk, The whole jar of Red Thai curry paste, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, green chili, lime zest, Thai basil leaves, cilantro, soy sauce, brown sugar, and salt. Give all the ingredients a good stir. Make sure that the Thai Curry Paste is dissolved completely in the milk.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot. Set the valve on SEALING. Press the SOUP/BROTH mode. Set it to Low/Less pressure and mode for 8 MINUTES.
- Once the timer goes off, do the QR (quick release). Stir the curry base well. It is liquidy and light.
Making Vegan Thai Curry Noodles with Vegetables
- CUPS OF VEGETABLES- For the vegetable choice, I used about 5 cups of chopped vegetables. It was a combination of fresh and frozen vegetables. Now I go overboard with my vegetables to add more goodness to my meals. You may choose to use either 1 cup of vegetables or 5 cups of vegetables. Also, you can use fresh or frozen vegetables or a combination of both. It is COMPLETELY YOUR CHOICE. You may also use frozen Asian Vegetable packet.
- VEGETABLES USED - I have used a mix of button mushrooms, carrots, onion, colorful bell peppers, broccoli, edamame beans, water chestnuts, snow peas, and beans.
- NOODLES USED - I have used A Taste of Thai Rice Noodles Linguine. So my timings are according to this one. I am assuming that most of the flat rice noodles should cook similarly. On the other hand, if you are doubtful, then you may prepare the noodles separately as per the packet instructions. If you plan to prepare the noodles separately in any case, then you may go ahead and use any noodles of your choice like brown rice noodles, ramen, pasta angel hair works really well, vermicelli noodles and etc.
- Now add your choice of vegetables to the curry. Give it a good stir. I request you to watch the video for a detailed understanding of the steps.
- Add 2 handfuls of Rice Noodles. I literally mean 2 handfuls of Noodles. Check the video. When you are adding these noodles, spread them out evenly. Do not dump all at one spot. Once you add the noodles, press them down gently in the curry.
- Cover with a glass lid. Press the SAUTE MODE and set it for 15 minutes. Let it cook for 15 minutes or till you thing noodles are done to your liking. Do stir in between to avoid sticking at the bottom.
- Your THAI CURRY NOODLES in INSTANT POT are ready. Adjust the salt and sugar to your choice. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime or to your taste to the noodles. Mix well.
- Serve these hot in a bowl. Top the Thai Curry Noodles with some salted or spicy peanuts, cilantro leaves, scallions, and red chili flakes if needed.
- I promise this will be your go-to recipe on any weekday or weekend.
- THE CONSISTENCY - These noodles are not much soupy but very slurrpy, coated thickly in the Red Thai Curry Sauce.
- THAI CURRY NOODLE SOUP - if you desire soupier noodles or to make Thai Curry Noodles, prepare the noodles separately so that they do not soak up all the curry while cooking. When ready to serve, place the noodles first and then drench them in the curry. Top with all the garnishes and enjoy.
I am sure you will be trying this recipe soon. Please leave your feedback under the comments when you try.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW? PIN THIS EASY GREEN THAI CURRY IN INSTANT POT FOR LATER.
In my Kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY.
Love love all your recipes have made this a couple of times.
The video link is not available..only text is there.
How much thai curry paste to add. Video seems to show one spoon but instructions say one jar. Please advice. Thanks
Karan – Video is for step instructions. Please follow what is written in the recipe.
Do you blend the curry sauce before adding veg and noodles?
Kristy – there is no need to blend the curry. If you want then you can remove the flavoring agents later on. But believe me they keep Adding textures and flavors for as long as they stay in the curry.
Can you make half the recipe? Looks yummy!
I found this recipe a couple days ago and decided to try it out today. I wanted a soupy broth so I cooked the noodles separately and then added them to the broth. For the veggies, I added bok choy, enoki mushrooms, yellow peppers, tofu cubes, and broccoli. I garnished it with extra thai basil and green onions with a slice of lime. I am so impressed and delighted at how this turned out. This will definitely be going into my regular rotation because it’s so darn tasty and so easy to make!
I am so glad to hear that Young Sun Moon. I am delighted to see how you adapted it too.
Love Thai cuisine!! Yummy
I love finding new recipes. We find ourselves in a food rut often and something like this would liven up our week. 🙂
Omg can we say yum?!? Curry is one of my favorites. Must give this recipe a try. Delicious
I love thai noodles and these look like they came from the restaurant.
A very healthy dish for my dietary needs.
came out perfect 2/2 times!
Thank you Syam 🙂
Wow, I love this recipe it is so delicious and look so easy to prepare. I will def try to make this for the whole family.
It’s so important to read ingredients before purchasing. Instant pots are so handy and so make such yummy food!
Who doesn’t love noodles?! I would love to try these!
I love Thai food!! This looks yummmy. Yay for insta pots!
This looks fabulous; something straight from a restaurant! I can’t wait to try this out!
Mmm this looks so comforting and delicious! What a wonderful meal!
That Thai Curry Noodles Instant Pot Recipe is really interesting. I think I will add more coconut milk into it to make it more creamier. Your recipe sounds really tasty and delicious.
This looks like a great dish for a meatless Monday. I like Thai noodles, but never tried it like this before.
The recipe is the best one to prepare with the family, am sure many people will try this out.
These look so delicious, the perfect light lunch option for me when working from home. I really must get an Instant Pot to make all these fabulous dishes!
Oh wow, that looks so good! I’ll be busting out the Instant Pot for this one, for sure!
Simple, delicious and full of lovely flavour! This recipe is a great reason to get an instant pot!