Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe is so easy and utterly delicious. It is perfect for the holiday season, ready to bake and gift. This Banana Bread drizzled with Quick Cinnamon Glaze is an ideal Dessert Dream.
Please read the whole post for more Instant Pot Banana Bread tips and tricks. More information re how to make it Vegan or bake in the oven or personalize it, are given through out the post.
Complete Recipe is given towards the end of the Post.
Easy & Eggless Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe – Delish & Indulging
I sometimes wonder – why I buy Bananas for my family? Yes, you guessed it right. It is mainly for baking a BANANA BREAD.
My girls would make a face at eating a banana. But when that banana gets into a smoothie or a cake or bread, these kids are the happiest on the planet.
There is something magical about the banana bread. Since I always add Cinnamon to my Banana Bread, the whole house smells like HOLIDAYS when it is baking.
The texture of a banana bread is denser than the cake, almost like a muffin. And that perhaps makes it more satisfying. I personally like denser cakes and muffins more than the softer cakes and cupcakes. Call me Tea Cake kinda girl.
Yes, Banana Bread is my favorite To- Go recipe when I am craving for a Tea Cake.
My blog has more than 5 kinds of Egg-free Banana Bread recorded. Check these out –
Why should I make this Banana Bread?
My top 5 reasons to make this BANANA BREAD are–
- This is an Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe. Make the Cake Batter. Pour in the pan. Put in IP. Set the timer. Done. Easy.
- The recipe for this Instant Pot Banana Bread is pretty simple and direct. It is not a long or complicated recipe.
- The Quick Cinnamon Glaze Recipe is heavenly. You will feel like licking it out form the bowl itself. ADDICTIVE.
- It is a KIDS APPROVED RECIPE. They LOVED it.
- Stays well in the Refrigerator for a week. Easy to warm up in the microwave and indulge every time as if freshly baked.
Banana Bread Ingredients
Kitchen Tools Used in making Instant Pot Banana Bread
Egg Substitutes for Eggless Baking or Egg-free Baking
I wrote a detailed post on how to substitute Eggs in a Cake Recipe if you are looking for an eggless cake.
Here are 2 methods I adopt from time to time.
- Flax Egg – 1 Egg = 1 tbsp Flax Meal + 3 tbsp warm water. Mix together. Set aside for a minute. Mix well with a fork. This gives you a FLAX EGG. Use it in the recipe to substitute 1 egg. You can substitute up to 3 eggs in a recipe. This doesn’t work for sponge cakes. This is great for Muffins and Tea Cakes.
- Thick Yogurt – 1 Egg = 1/4 cup Thick Yogurt. This works wonders when you want your cakes to be moist. I love substituting eggs with yogurt for my vanilla and chocolate cakes.
How to make Instant Pot Banana Bread? Complete recipe is given towards the end.
- Add 2 cups water to the Inner pot of IP. Plug it in. Set aside
- Take a 6 inches bundt pan or6 inches regular round pan and grease it. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together except sugar. Set aside.
- Mash banana with a fork and add sugar to it. Whip till sugar dissolves.
- Add other wet ingredients to banana and sugar. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix well till it becomes a thick batter.
- Pour this batter to the greased pan. Place this pan on the trivet. Place the trivet with its handles inside the IP.
- Close the Lid. Set the timer on CAKE MODE.
- Follow NPR (natural pressure release).
- Take out bread. If needed, broil under the Oven Broiler for 3-5 minutes till dry.
- Let rest in pan for 10 minutes. take it out. Place on cooling rack.
- Prepare the Quick Cinnamon Glaze. Pour over the Banana Bread. Cut a slice. Enjoy it warm.
If you do not have Cake Mode on IP, then you can make a cake in IP on Manual/Pressure Cook Mode.
Instructions are given in the complete recipe below.
Can I bake this Instant Pot Banana Bread in an Oven?
Yes, you can bake it in the Oven at 350*F for 45-50 minutes till center comes out clean on a wooden pick.
Can I make Vegan Instant Pot Banana Bread?
You can substitute the Butter with Vegan Butter or Cooking Oil. It should be fine.
SOME OTHER HOLIDAY EGGLESS BAKES FROM SIMPLYVEGETARIAN777
Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes from Simplyvegetarian777
Instant Pot Cakes from Simplyvegetarian777
Easy & Eggless Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe VIDEO
Complete Recipe for Easy & Eggless Instant Pot Banana Bread
Instant Pot Banana Bread with Quick Cinnamon Glaze
Optional Nuts - I have not used these. But these work well with this bread.
- 2 tbsp walnuts or pecans chopped
- 1 tbsp raisins
Quick Cinnamon Glaze Ingredients
- 1/4 cup powdered or confectioner's SUGAR
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1&1/2 tsp Milk
Making Flax Egg
- Take a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp Flax seed meal and 3 tbsp warm water to it. Mix it well and set aside till ready to use.
Grease the Pan and set aside.
Preparing the Instant Pot for making Banana Bread in it.
- Place the inner pot inside the IP. Plug it in. Pour 2 cups of water in the inner pot. It is ready for making cake/ bread in it.
Mixing Dry Ingredients
- Take a bowl. Add all purpose flour, cinnamon powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to it. Mix well. Set aside.
Mixing Wet Ingredients
- Take a large bowl and add bananas to it. Mash them fine with a fork. Add sugar to the mashed bananas. Mix it till it dissolves in the banana.
- Now add melted butter, flax egg, and vanilla extract to the bananas. Mix it all well with the fork or spoon.
Preparing the Cake
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Give it a quick mix till all the ingredients come together in a thick batter.
- Transfer this batter to the prepared greased cake pan. Level it out with the spoon. Cover the cake pan with aluminum foil tightly around it. Place the cake pan over the IP trivet/stand. Gently hold it by its handles on the side and place it in the Inner Pot of the IP.
- Close the Lid and set the floating valve to SEALING. Press Cake Button and set it on Normal Cake Mode & High Pressure. Set the timer for 45 minutes.
- Important - If you do not have Cake Mode on your IP, then you can make it on Manual/Pressure Cook Mode on High/More setting for 50 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, follow NPR (Natural Pressure Release). As the safety valve drops down, open the lid. Take the trivet out with the cake pan holding by the handles. Carefully remove the aluminum foil, making sure that the condensation water on top of foil, does not drip inside the pan.
- You might feel that the bread is slightly damp. In that case, you may either dab it with a kitchen paper towel or do what I do. I normally put my damp cakes in the oven under high broiler for 3-5 minutes, till the cake/bread looks dry and pretty.
- Let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes before taking it out carefully. Pour Cinnamon Glaze over the Banana Bread evenly. The Instant Pot Banana Bread is ready to be savored.
QUICK CINNAMON GLAZE RECIPE
- Take a small bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon powder to it and mix well with a small fork or whisk. Now add 1/2 tsp milk at a time and mix. Add more milk as needed till it is a thick runny consistency. I used about 1&1/2 tsp milk to make it a good consistency glaze.
I am sure you will try this recipe soon. If you do, then please leave your feedback under the comments section.
Can’t make it now? Pin EASY INSTANT POT BANANA BREAD for Later.
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY.