Instant Pot New York Cheesecake Mini Jars Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Instant Pot New York Cheesecake recipe is better than the restaurant-style cheesecake. It is so easy to make and perfectly portion-controlled. These are better than the CHEESECAKE FACTORY.
Only a few handful ingredients and the result is this delicious, super-duper effortless dessert. Have you checked my super popular Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes in Instant Pot yet?
Important – Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the complete recipe in the Recipe Card. In between, you will find some tips & important information related to the recipe.
Instant Pot New York Cheesecake – Easy & Delicious Recipe
Do you know that Cheesecake is the easiest thing to make in an Instant Pot? It might look intimidating but the truth is that it is the easiest thing to make.
To get a perfect cheesecake, we use a water bath in the oven. Since Instant pot has to have a water bath as a base to cook anything in it, this works out perfect.
I am a huge fan of Portion Control so that I can have my cake and eat it too. And making my desserts in Jars give me that freedom of enjoying it without guilt.
Please check out more PORTION CONTROL DESSERTS or DESSERT IN A JAR here – mocha express pudding, no-cook chocolate pudding, no-bake key lime cheesecake,no-bake cheesecake, no-bake mango cheesecake, black forest cake in a jar, and more.
HOW TO MAKE NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE IN INSTANT POT?
Any cheesecake has 2 components – The Crust and The Cheesecake Filling.
The crust is the base of the cheesecake. Since it holds the cheesecake at the base, it is made with cookies and/or crackers.
Most of the recipes call for graham crackers for the base. You may use biscoff cookies, vanilla Nila Cookies or cookies of your choice for the base of the cheesecake.
Since it is a cheesecake, cream cheese is the main ingredient of the filling. The other 2 commonly used ingredients of cheesecake are – Sour cream and Eggs. And of course the sugar.
The cheesecake can further be enhanced and topped with kinds of toppings and garnishes. I have used strawberry glaze and some fresh berries. You may use caramel and nuts and other combinations of your choice.
If you want to make the whole pie of this cheesecake, then refer to this recipe by This Old Gal.
INGREDIENTS OF NYC STYLE CHEESECAKE
Important – We recommend amazon links to make the purchase easier for you. These buys are either amazon choice or our personal favorites. You are not obligated to purchase from our Amazon affiliate links. But if you do, then you do not pay anything extra. It helps us earn a commission to keep the blog running.
KITCHEN GADGETS AND ACCESSORIES USED
Instant Pot 6 quart or MEALTHY MULTIPOT
4 ounce Mason Canning Jars – very important that you use canning jars to use in instant pot.
NEW YORK CHEESECAKE IN INSTANT POT
It is a 5 steps easy recipe. No frills, plain simple recipe to make Mini Chocolate Cheesecake in Instant Pot.
- Grind graham crackers with some butter & sugar. Divide equally. Pour it in 6 mini Jars. Press it down hard. Chill in the refrigerator till the filling is ready.
- Blend all the ingredients of the Cheesecake filling in steps. Pour over the chilled Crust/Base in Mason Jars. Cover the jars with foil.
- Now pour some water inside the inner pot. Place mason jars on the trivet inside the Inner Pot.
- Close the lid. Set the valve to sealing. Cook for 6 minutes and follow NPR.
- Open the lid. Take out the jars. Remove the foil. Let them cool to room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hrs before eating. Garnish with some strawberry glaze & berries. Serve chilled.
FOR COMPLETE RECIPE, SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM TO THE RECIPE CARD.
DO NOT FORGET TO WATCH THE VIDEO.
Note – Although I have to say that it tastes really good at room temperature. I normally take out my cheesecake from the refrigerator. Let it come to the room temperature-ish and then dig in. Sometimes cheesecake turns dense when it is too cold. It is best enjoyed when not too cold.
SOME FAQS ABOUT CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
WHAT IS CHEESECAKE?
Cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of 1 or more layers. The main thick layer is made with soft cream cheese or ricotta, eggs, and sugar. If there is a base or crust, it is made with graham crackers or cookies. Another layer can be added with fruits, whipped cream, nuts, fruit sauce, etc. Cheesecake can be flavored with vanilla, chocolate, lemon, etc.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE CHEESECAKE WITHOUT BAKING?
It may be baked or unbaked, usually refrigerated. Here are some of my Unbaked Cheesecake in a jar – No Bake Cheesecake, No-Bake Mango Cheesecake, No-Bake Key lime cheesecake.
HOW DOES THE CHEESECAKE TASTE LIKE?
Since it has a soft creamy filling made with fresh cheese, cheesecakes are slightly tart in taste.
WHAT IS THE TEXTURE OF A CHEESECAKE LIKE?
They are more like Custard Pies, Flan or Tart. All of these desserts have a crispy and firm base and soft filling.
HOW IS A CHEESECAKE EATEN?
Cheesecake has to be chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours before you eat it. Though the best temperature to eat a cheesecake is at slight room temperature where it is not too cold. The best way is to take it out after chilling, leave it on the counter for some time and then indulge.
HOW TO STORE CHEESECAKE?
Refrigerate it. It will stay good for a week when refrigerated.
You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter for regular updates. And don’t forget to sign up for our E-Letter whenever we publish a new post.
SIMPLYVEGETARIAN777 VEGAN INSTANT POT RECIPES
Chana Masala, Saag Aloo, Rajma Masala (red kidney beans curry), Aloo Baingan ( potato eggplant curry), Lobiya (Blackeye Peas curry) and more.
SIMPLYVEGETARIAN777 INSTANT POT CAKES
Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Cake, Banana Bread, Funfetti Cake, Chocolate Cake in a Jar
SIMPLYVEGETARIAN777 INSTANT POT BREADS
Focaccia, and Muffin Tray Dinner Rolls
WATCH THE SMALL INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO HERE FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING
EASY NEW YORK STYLE MINI CHEESECAKES IN A JAR – INSTANT POT RECIPE
Instant Pot New York Cheesecake in Mini Jars - Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot 6 quart or Mealthy Multipot
- 4-ounce mini Canning Jars
- Electric Egg Beater
- Food Processor
- Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cups, Stirring Spoon,
- Aluminum Foil
Cheesecake Crust Ingredients
- 2/3 cup Graham Crackers (fine crumbed) about 10-12 crackers or more
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 8 ounce/1 pack Cream Cheese, full fat Room Temperature
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream, full fat Room Temperature
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
WATCH THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO ATTACHED ABOVE THE RECIPE CARD.
- Gather all the ingredients.
Preparing Cheesecake Crust
- Take a food processor and add graham crackers + sugar to it. Process till it’s a fine crumb.
- Now add 2 tbsp melted butter and process till all of it is well combined.
- Take your 6 mini 4-ounce jars. Distribute the crumb into 6 of them equally. It is about 1&1/2 tbsp each jar.
- Now take a ladle or crumb presser and press the crumb tight at the bottom of the jar. Refrigerate it for about 10-15 minutes. Until then you work on your New York Style cheesecake filling.
Preparing Cheesecake Filling - watch the video
- Take a large bowl. Add room temperature Cream Cheese to it with sugar. Blend it on high speed till light and fluffy with an electric egg beater for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add sour cream, vanilla extract & lemon zest to it. Blend it on medium speed till sour cream is incorporated. Now add the egg and mix on slow speed till it is mixed. Do not over mix and just blend the egg. It will look like as shown in the picture.
Filling Cheesecake Jars - watch the video
- Take out the 4-ounce mason jars from the refrigerator. Put about 3&1/2 tbsp of Cheesecake filling in each jar. Distribute it evenly. Now spread it out with a knife spreader. Tap it lightly on your palm or counter to escape any air bubbles. Cover each jar with a foil. Set aside.
- Making Mini Jar New York Cheesecakes in Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cooker
- Place the inner pot inside the IP. Plug it in. Pour 1&1/2 cups of water in the inner pot. Now place a trivet inside the inner pot. A 6-quart or 8-quart IP can easily accommodate 6 of these mini jars in one single layer without stacking these up. Close the lid and set the valve to Sealing.
- Press the Pressure Cook/Manual Mode and set it on Normal for 6 minutes. After the timer goes off, follow NPR(natural pressure release). As the safety valve drops down, open the lid carefully. Take out each mini jar and place it on a trivet to cool down. Remove the foil and let it cool down completely to room temperature.
- Don’t touch it or eat it yet. Now place the lids of these mini jars and close. Refrigerate these for at least 12 hrs before consuming it.
Toppings / Glazing the Cheesecake
- You may glaze the cheesecake with strawberry glaze and fresh berries. Strawberry glaze is easily available in supermarkets in fresh produce/fresh fruit section.
- Some other ways to garnish or top it is - Caramel & pralines, Fruit compote, peanuts butter fudge & nuts. You may dress this basic cheesecake with holiday theme toppers also. For Halloween, you may put chocolate sauce & some ghost candies, for thanksgiving, you may do an orange-colored fruits sauce and a turkey topper. The options are millions.
- It stores well in the tiny mason jars in the refrigerator. These stay good for a week when refrigerated. Mini Cheesecakes make a great portion-controlled dessert and are perfect for the gift also.
Oven Baking Instructions
- Preheat oven at 350*F.
- You will prepare the recipe ingredients as is as mentioned above.
- Take a baking pan and fill it half way with hot water. Place the filled canning jars in the pan. Do not cover them with foil.
- Bake them for 25 minutes till they are set in the middle.
- Take them out. Cool them in the refrigerator for few hours before serving.
I am sure you will be making it soon. Please leave your feedback under the comments section when you try it.
Hi! Haven’t made this yest, but was wondering if the texture would be good if made and the frozen. I want to have this as a holiday dessert and make it a head and then just take it out to thaw.
Made these for a Easter and topped with macerated strawberries!! Yummmm!!! Can you use the recipe for a full size cheesecake?? Cook time??
Thanks for the feedback Staci. I have not tried the full size cheesecake. But yes you can make a large cheesecake in IP. There are many good ones by the bloggers out there.
I’ve not done any of the jars in my IP yet. But I do some canning and wonder if we could just use the lid of the jar placed loosely on the top instead of foil?!
I may try and let you know!
I wouldn’t recommend that. I did that once and some of my lids got locked with pressure. It’s upto you though.
If you flip the lids so they don’t seal it should work out.
Will the recipe turn out if lower fat cream cheese or sour cream is used?
I think it Should be ok since it’s a jar cake..there is no unmolding involved
Can I make this in ramekins instead of glass jars? Do I need to adjust the cooking time?
Hi Amanda – Yes many people have made these in small ramekins instead successfully. If you keep the similar portion size then the time will remain the same.
can’t wait to try this! Very well written!
Is this recipe freezable? If so how long do you suggest I can keep it in there for. Thank you!
I’ve seen lots of cheesecake recipes for the Instant Pot but I REALLY love these single serve jars! Such a great idea!
Thanks Beth. I am glad that you like it.
This cheesecake recipe is one of the easiest and fastest, with only 6 minutes of cooking time! Now even last minute guests will get their share of dessert. 🙂
Absolutely true Anita 🙂
What a great cheesecake dessert! These would be great for small parties because they would please everyone.
You got it right 🙂
I am really excited to see how easy it is to make this cheesecake – it looks amazing. No more hunting for cheesecake around town – homemade only! Great tip on eating the cheesecake not too cold!
I am Glad that you read my tips also Elaine..
These look so delightful! I love the individual servings and the idea of making them in an instant pot is fabulous! Just another reason why I need to get one :O
Oh you will love your instant pot 🙂