Instant Pot Green Thai Curry Vegan Glutenfree
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Green Thai Curry is a simple and delicious curry from Thai Cuisine. This recipe is very easy to make, kind of put all of it together and cook. The best part is that it is Oil-Free + Vegan + Glutenfree. It goes very well with Jasmine Rice or Rice Noodles.
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST.
Scroll towards the end of the post for the complete recipe. In between, there are Tips & More Information provided for the recipe.
Easy & Quick Instant Pot Green Thai Curry Recipe
This is another of our family favorites.
Have I told you before that my family loves Thai Food? Though Red Thai Curry is the first choice along with Tom Yum Soup. We do order Green Thai Curry quite often for a pleasant change.
If you ask me, then my preference is always Green Thai Curry since it is slightly spicier.
The Base of Coconut Milk along with all the herbs makes this curry so flavorful and aromatic. The best part is that it can be easily personalized.
Though the original Curries from Thai Cuisine are not even vegetarian, let alone be vegan. The original Thai curry is more seafood and meat focused.
The rise of Vegetarian and Vegan Eaters in the USA has pushed the Thai American Restaurants to create the vegetarian and vegan versions as well. Thank God for that.
Since there are few companies which are manufacturing Vegan Thai Curry Pastes, it has become so convenient to cook it at home.
Green Thai Curry Ingredients
If you are making the Vegan Green Curry from scratch, then it is a long process. I skip that long process and go semi-homemade way.
Here are the ingredients that I use to make Green Thai Curry in Instant Pot. I am not claiming it to be an authentic recipe. It is more like a Thai American rendition.
Thai Curry is a balance of all the five flavors – salty, umami, sweet, sour and spicy.
- Vegan base Green Thai Curry Paste – I always use Thai Kitchen brand. It is vegan.
- Coconut Milk – I use 50/50 light coconut milk & regular coconut milk.
- Seasonal Vegetables – Broccoli, Carrots, Onion, Ginger, Bell Peppers, Celery, Green Beans, Bok Choy, baby eggplants, zucchini, squash and whatever is handy.
- Canned Vegetables – like Bamboo shoots, Baby Corn, Water chestnuts.
- Herbs – Thai Basil, Lemon Grass, Cilantro leaves, Kafir Lime (if available). I normally go without the fresh herbs since these are hard to find. The curry is still very flavorful as Thai Kitchen Curry Paste already has everything in it.
- The Umami – Soy Sauce for Vegetarian & Tamari Sauce for Vegan.
- Heat Factor – Chili sauce like Sriracha and/or Jalapenos.
- The Sweetening Agent – I use Brown Sugar.
- Souring Agent – Lemon or Lime juice and/or zest.
- Protein of Choice (optional) – I use Steamed or fried TOFU sometimes. Other soy products would be great too.
Kitchen Tools used in making Green Thai Curry in Instant Pot
Instant Pot 6 quart or 8 quart
How to make Vegan Green Thai Curry in Instant Pot?
As I make it, it is a super easy 2 steps process.
- Mix all the curry ingredients together and cook it.
- Add vegetables of choice and cook till tender to your taste.
- Instant Pot Green Thai Curry is best served with Jasmine Rice
- Make it soupier and drink it as a soup.
- I sometimes cook Rice Noodles with the Thai Curry to make it wholesome. Love Rice Noodles with it.
- Health conscious people can serve it with Brown Rice as well.
Tips to Personalize Vegan Green Thai Curry in Instant Pot
The best part about creating recipes is that these can be easily adapted. You can literally pick and choose to flavor the Green Thai Curry, as you want.
- I always advise starting with less amount of condiments and then build it up as per your taste.
- Vegetables – There is no hard and fast rule in my books to use only such and such vegetables in the curry. Use whatever vegetables you have handy. Frozen or fresh or canned, whatever comes your way.
- You may or may not add Tofu in the curry. It is a personal choice. I sometimes do and sometimes do not.
- Though I like my Thai Green Curry to be spicier. But you can choose the heat level of the curry per your preference. If you think that the mentioned amount of chili sauce or jalapenos is more than you can handle, just cut it down to milder taste or skip it.
- You can add more sugar to the curry if preferred sweeter. The best part is that the sugar can be adjusted towards the end as well.
- Similarly, the amount of soy/tamari sauce and sourness can be adjusted to taste.
My Top Reasons to try Instant Pot Green Thai Curry at home
If all of the above wasn’t convincing enough to push you to try this Vegan Green Thai Curry at home, then here are my top reasons –
- My recipe is super SIMPLE & EASY to make.
- This Vegan Green Thai Curry in Instant Pot is a 2 step recipe – Just Dump it all and Cook it.
- There is a ton of scope to personalize this recipe to your taste.
- You do not have to wait for the weekend to go out and eat it at the restaurant. Since it is so easy to make, you can enjoy it anytime during the week as well.
- And the best part is that Instant Pot makes it so efficient and worth every minute.
Can I make it on the Gas Top if I do not have Instant Pot?
Yes, absolutely yes. Just follow the instructions given below and use a heavy bottom pan instead. Complete Recipe is given below in Recipe Card.
- Mix all the curry ingredients in the heavy bottom pan. Bring it to a boil. Then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetables of choice. Boil till done of desired tenderness.
- It is DONE.
Save 20.0% on select products from Geertop with promo code 20DM4KDJ, through 12/31 while supplies last.
Indian Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes from Simplyvegetarian777
Chana Masala, Rajma Masala, Pav Bhaji, Saag Aloo, Vegetable Pulao (Rice), Madras Lentils, Garlic Dal and more.
Instant Pot Cakes from Simplyvegetarian777
Eggless Red Velvet Cake, Banana Bread, Chocolate Cake
Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes from Simplyvegetarian777
Red Thai Curry, Tom Yum, Lentil Soup, Tuscan Soup, Taco soup, Enchilada Soup, Pasta Primavera, Creamy Cajun Pasta and more.
Save 50.0% on select products from Moallia with promo code 503KTTFX, through 12/31 while supplies last.
Green Thai Curry in Instant Pot Video
Easy Instant Pot Green Thai Curry – Oilfree + Vegan + Glutenfree
Instant Pot Green Thai Curry - Vegan & Glutenfree
Curry Base Ingredients
- 3 cans Coconut Milk, unsweetened I used 2 light & 1 regular
- 1 bottle or 5 to 6 tbsp Green Curry Paste Thai Kitchen is a great brand to use
- 1 tbsp Tamari Sauce or Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar or Regular Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Celery sliced
- 1 large Onion (red or white) sliced
- 1 cup Bell Peppers, colored or assorted thickly chopped
- 1 large Carrot thickly sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 can Baby Corn
- 1 can Water Chestnuts sliced
- 1 bunch Thai Basil Leaves or Regular would be fine too
- 1 tsp or more Lemon or Lime Juice
- zucchini, squash, green beans, baby eggplants
- 1/4 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts, unsalted
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili flakes
Making Curry Base on SOUP/BROTH MODE
- Place the inner pot inside the Instant Pot and plug it in.
- Pour the coconut milk, soy sauce/tamari sauce, brown sugar, green curry paste, Thai basil, ginger & jalapeno to the inner pot. Give it a good mix till coconut milk and Green curry paste are assimilated well.
- Close the lid of the instant pot. Press the Soup/Broth button. Set it for Less/Low mode for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off, follow QPR (quick pressure release). If you are leaving for work after pressing the soup mode. NPR is good to go too. You can come back from work and it will be ready.
Making Green Thai Curry with Vegetables on SAUTE MODE
- Open the lid of the Instant Pot. Add all the Vegetables + hot sauce. Close with a spare lid.
- Press the Saute Button on high. Set the timer for 8 minutes. Let it cook all together.
- If you are looking for more bite in your vegetables, then cook on saute mode for just 5 minutes.
- Vegan Green Thai Curry in Instant Pot is ready.
- Serve it with hot steaming Jasmine Rice or Rice Noodles. Squeeze some lime or lemon juice on top. I always add some dry roasted peanuts and chili flakes in my curry along with some more jalapenos to make it spicier.
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
- Take a heavy bottom pot, add coconut milk, soy sauce/tamari sauce, hot sauce, brown sugar, green curry paste, Thai basil, ginger & jalapeno to the inner pot. Give it a good mix till coconut milk and Green curry paste are assimilated well.
- Further add the vegetables and mix these well with the curry base.
- Now bring the contents of the pot to a boil. And then simmer on medium heat for 8-10 minutes till vegetables are al-Dente (cooked but still have a bit of bite). Thai Green Curry is ready.
I am sure you will be trying this recipe soon. Please leave your feedback under the comments when you try.
Can’t make it now? Pin this Easy Green Thai Curry in Instant Pot for Later.
In my Kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY.
Thanks for sharing your recipe. I make it with a package of frozen brocolli..grates fresh carrots…sweet peppers red..yellow and orange…make the sáuce the same as yours..but use fresh salsa from the store about half cup. Stir it on low fire. Garnish with cilantro. And serve with brown rice.
Thank you for your version Jyothi.
This holiday season has been so incredibly busy for me that I have been looking for different instapot meals just to make my life easier! This one is going on day 5! Thank you!
Yayy Jeanette thank you ☺️
I love curry recipes. I always find them so hearty and satisfying, and the ingredients in this one sound delectable! I might add a little tofu — love all the suggestions.
Thank you ☺️ Valentina. Tofu will be a great addition
I could legit eat Thai food every single night and curry is one of my favorites. I’m always looking for new recipes to make in my Instant Pot, so this is just perfect for me!
Sues I am with ya..
You can see all the flavors in this dish!! I’m ready for a bowl!
Thank you Tisha
I love that you can just dump it all in and cook it, there’s no oil, and it looks super delicious, fresh, and healthy! Thanks for sharing.
Pleasure is mine Colleen