Pumpkin Cake Instant Pot Recipe is so easy to make and super delicious + moist. It is literally a DUMP & COOK PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE. This cake has flavors of Fall in every single bite.
PLEASE WATCH THE DETAILED VIDEO OF THE PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE IN THE POST.
Since it is made in Instant Pot, this cake is much more efficient and effortless to make.
IMPORTANT – Please SCROLL DOWN to the end for the Complete Recipe. You will find more information about the recipe in between.
Easy Pumpkin Cake Instant Pot Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting & Crushed Pecans
So here is my confession – I am living in States for almost 20 years and had never tasted this delicious beauty till last year. There you go, I have confessed.
I know… But the thought of pumpkin in any dessert used to make me go bonkers. And now I want to experiment Pumpkin in all my desserts. So don’t be alarmed if you see too much of this delicious & nutritious fruit in my desserts…
Have you checked my INSTANT POT CAKES yet?
What is a Pumpkin Cake?
Since pumpkin is a symbol of Fall Harvest, it is eaten during the Fall and early Winter in United States. Pumpkin Cake is probably a spin off of Pumpkin Pie. Therefor it is a cake made with all the cake ingredients + pumpkin puree + some spices of your choice.
It is normally frosted with Cream Cheese Frosting and many a times Pecans are used wither inside the cake or on top as a topping.
How to Make CREAM CHEESE FROSTING?
I have one learnt one thing on my journey of baking – never skip on the required ingredients to get good results. This is a Basic and the Easy Cream Cheese Frosting.
Ingredients Needed – 1 package of Cream Cheese (at room temperature) + 1/2 cup unsalted Butter (at room temperature) + 2 cups powdered sugar + 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Directions – Take a blender and add everything together. Blend till you get a smooth frosting. Alternatively, put everything in a bowl. Mix it all with a hand held blender till you get smooth frosting.
How to make Pumpkin Puree at Home?
Though I have used Canned Pumpkin Puree for this recipe which is zero additives, you can make pumpkin puree at home.
1 Can (15.5 ounce) of Pumpkin Puree is about 2 cups.
You can easily make it at home.
Take a small pumpkin that can fit inside your Instant Pot. Add 1 cup water in your inner pot and place it inside the IP. Plug it in. Wash the whole pumpkin. Place it on trivet inside the Inner Pot. Pressure cook on high for 25 minutes. Follow NPR. Take it out. Let cool. Peel. Cut into half. Scrape seeds out. Puree it in a blender. You have HOME MADE PUMPKIN PUREE.
Ingredients for this Cake
Pumpkin Puree Can or Home made
Ingredients for Frosting
Kitchen Gadgets Needed to make this Cake
6 quart Instant Pot or You can easily make it in MEALTHY MULTIPOT as well. If you would like, you must check out Mealthy Crisp Lid. It works as an air-fryer and broiler over your 6 quart lid of IP as well.
Can I make Mini Pumpkin Cakes in Jar in Instant Pot?
Since I have made this cake from the BOXED CAKE MIX (Super Moist White Cake Mix from Betty Crocker), there will be extra batter left.
An Instant Pot Cake uses about 2 &1/2 cups of cake mix and about 1/2 cup batter is left over. No point throwing that away, right? Therefore I made Mini Pumpkin Cakes in Jar with the leftover batter. It will give you between 4-5 mini cakes from left over batter.
In case you want to make just the mini pumpkin cakes in Instant Pot, then it will yield you about 12-15 Mini cakes in 4 OZ Mason Jars. You can find the detailed recipe in the RECIPE CARD below with timings etc.
I used my Mini Instant Pot to make 4 minis with leftover batter.
How to make Dump & Cook Easy Pumpkin Cake in Instant Pot?
- Place inner pot inside IP. Pour 1&1/2 cups water in it. Set it on Saute Mode high and heat the water inside till you work on the cake.
- You mix the cake mix + Pumpkin Puree + Eggs + Pumpkin Pie Spice in a bowl. Blend on medium speed till smooth & fluffy for about 2 minutes.
- Prepare the pan and line it with parchment/butter paper. Spray it with oil. Pour Cake batter in it – more than 1/2 and less than 2/3rd of the depthof the cake pan. Tap it on the counter. Level out on the top.
- Place the cake pan on trivet and put the trivet inside the inner pot.
- Put the lid on & set the valve on SEALING. Press Cake Button and do not change it from its standard setting – 40 minutes. Once the timer goes off, follow NPR. Open the lid. Take the cake out. Let it cool inside the pan for 10 minutes. Take it out and let cool on cooling rack.
- Frost it with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle crushed pecans.
- The Cake is Ready.
Simplyvegetarian777 Instant Pot Cakes
Simplyvegetarian777 Instant Pot Breads
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake Instructional Video
Pumpkin Cake Instant Pot Recipe – Dump & Cook
Pumpkin Cake Instant Pot Recipe - Easy Dump & Cook Super Moist Cake
- Instant Pot 6 quart or Mealthy Multipot
- Hand Held Blender
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 6" Cake Pan
- Foil & Parchment Paper
- 12-15 (4 ounce) mason jars in case you want to make mini cakes
- 1 Box Super Moist White Cake Mix Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines
- 1 Can/ 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree (15.5 ounce can) No Sugar or additives added
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 Tsp, Heaped Full Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 pack Cream Cheese (8 oz. pack) room temperature
- 1/2 cup Butter (unsalted) room temperature
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar/Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Pecans pulsed in food processor or chopped roughly
6 INCHES PUMPKIN CAKE IN INSTANT POT
- WATCH THE VIDEO IN THE POST. Place inner pot inside IP. Pour 1&1/2 cups water in it. Set it on Saute Mode on high and heat the water inside till you work on the cake.
- Cut a 7 inches round out of parchment/butter paper (1 inch more than the diameter of 6 inch cake pan). Spray the cake pan with oil spray and place the parchment paper round inside the pan. Set aside.
- Prepare the pan and line it with parchment/butter paper. Spray it with oil. Pour Cake batter in it - more than 1/2 and less than 2/3rd of the depth of the cake pan. Tap it on the counter. Level out on the top. Cover with foil creating a slight dome shape in the middle.
- Place the cake pan on trivet and put the trivet inside the inner pot. Put the lid on & set the valve on SEALING.
- Press Cake Button and do not change it from its standard setting - 40 minutes. The Cake Setting is Normal and Pressure is set at High. This is the standard setting.
- If you do not have Cake option on your IP, then you may make it on PRESSURE COOKER MODE/MANUAL MODE with the same temperature setting - Normal Cake Setting & High Pressure. Follow the same 40 minutes and then NPR.
- Once the timer goes off, follow NPR. Open the lid. Take the cake out. Let it cool inside the pan for 10 minutes. Take it out and let cool on cooling rack. As it comes to the room temperature, frost it with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle crushed pecans + a bit of pumpkin pie spice. The Cake is Ready.
MINI PUMPKIN CAKE IN JAR - INSTANT POT RECIPE
- If you plan to make small mini cakes, then follow these instructions.
- Place the trivet inside your 6 or 8 quarts IP. Pour 1&1/2 cups hot water or heat the water inside the inner pot as mentioned in the main recipe above.
- Take your 12-15 mini 4 ounce mason jars. Fill them slightly less than the 2/3rd with the cake batter. Tap them on the counter. Cover each of them with foil.
- Stack them inside the inner pot on the trivet. You might have to do it in 2 shifts or if you have 2 IPs, then put both of them to use.
- Press Cake Button and set it for 12 minutes at Normal Cake Mode and High Pressure. Once the timer goes off, follow NPR. As the safety valve drops down, open the lid, take the jars out. Remove the foil. Let them cool to room temperature. Frost them with cream cheese frosting and top with crushed pecans and a bit of pumpkin pie spice.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Take a blender and add all the ingredients. Blend till you get a smooth frosting.
- It can stay well in refrigerator for good 1 week and more. Use this Frosting as a Dessert Dip or dress your muffins and other cupcakes with it. You may also slice the cake in half and apply one more layer in between and then at the top. It will become your layered cake.
Oven Bake Instructions
- Prepare a square cake pan or Cake loaf pan by spraying it with oil spray. Cover the base of the pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F/180*C.
- Pour the Cake Batter in the pan. Tap on the counter. Level the cake out.
- Bake in the oven for about 40-45 minutes till done and the wooden appetizer stick comes out clean. Check at about 35 minutes for doneness. It is a dense and moist cake, so might take longer.
- Once done, take it out. Let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes. And then take it out and let rest on cooling wire rack till it comes down to room temperature. Frost it with cream cheese frosting once completely cooled. Top with Crushed pecans and pumpkin pie spice. Slice and Serve.
How to substitute Eggs in the Recipe?
- To substitute 2 eggs in this recipe, use Flax eggs. Take 2 tbsp Flax Meal and dissolve in 6 tbsp warm water. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes. Mix well with a fork. This is your Flax Egg. Use this in the recipe.
I am sure you are going to try this recipe soon. Please share your feedback in the comments section if you try it.
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY.