Kalakand 5 Ingredients Recipe is a keeper recipe. Super easy to make and so so good. It is a super quick recipe to make and very simple to follow. Bookmark it to try for festivals or any other occasion.
Kalakand 5 Ingredients Recipe – Quick & Easy
Remember my 2 ingredients Nariyal Laddoo ? These were made with Condensed milk and Dry coconut flakes, that’s it. Just 2 ingredients and these were instant hit with my girls. Kalakand is another recipe that I made with Condensed Milk that literally took 15 minutes from start to finish.
Condensed milk is the best discovery in the Indian Desserts Culinary Journey. It has made life simple, quick, easy and efficient, just like all other recipes on my blog. Another secret Ingredient in making these creamy squares of delight is Ricotta Cheese. This is an Italian Cheese, that is close to Chhena /Paneer in texture.
The original recipe calls for Paneer and I adapted it by using Ricotta in place of Paneer. Any difference in taste? NONE!!
It is a perfect recipe, especially for those living outside India, in USA and UK.
Ingredients of the Recipe
I am giving the ingredients option for making the recipe with either Ricotta or Paneer.
Making with Ricotta
Kitchen Gadgets for the Recipe
For the original recipe from Nestle India – click here ! It is prepared using Paneer.
Making Mithai for Diwali
Diwali is coming up in 2 weeks, a festival of light, joy and love, laughter and happiness.
Lord Ganesha and Shri Lakshmi are worshipped on this day for health, wealth and prosperity.
People buy Gold and Silver coins for Diwali and exchange presents. Diwali fills up the hearts of people with warmth and stomachs with lots and lots of sweets.
One of the important cultural thing during diwali is EXCHAGE OF MITHAI & NAMKEEN with family, friends and neighbors. People forget their differences and hug it out. Celebrate it with full fervor.
Indian American Traditions
I have always believed in spreading DIWALI CHEER in the family and community. It hasn’t been easy but have been possible.
I am going to share some great ideas that we started in our Indian American Neighborhood of Pennsylvania.
We have a whatsapp group and we create a DIWALI GIFT EXCHANGE list there of the interested families willing to participate.
Then the interested families make a GOODY BAG consisting of few pieces of mithai (home made or store bought), hand painted small diyas (home painted or market painted) and a savory plus diwali coloring pages for kids. We exchange these bags with 2 families (one above our name and one below our name). It is kind of Halloween booing for the kids but with diwali stuff.
It creates our Indian festival interest in our kids, which otherwise becomes difficult living in different country.
The whole community waits for it the whole year.
Indian Diwali Recipes
It is perfect to take as a Hostess Gift. You can make it for that no plan dinner party. If you are allergic to nuts, skip the garnish of nuts.
I have to tell you that my girls have fallen in love with this delicate, creamy and amazingly flavorful sweet from India. You have to try to believe me.
Kesar Kalakand Video
Easy & Quick 5 Ingredients Kalakand Recipe
Kalakand - 5 Ingredients Recipe (Quick & Easy)
- Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cups, Stirring Spoon,
- Chopping board and knife
- Heavy Bottom Pan
- Stirring Spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Dessert Setting Pan or Tray
If making with Paneer, then all the above ingredients are needed. Substitute Ricotta with 500 grams of crumbled/grated PANEER.
- 1 fat pinch Saffron dissolved in 1/2 tbsp milk of want to make Kesar Kalakand.
- SAME METHOD EITHER USING RICOTTA OR PANEER. Take a 6-8 inches square deep bowl or rectangular 9-10 inches pan or even a deep plate can be used to set the kalakand. Either grease the dish with butter or ghee or line with a parchment paper. I lined mine with paper. Set aside.
- Put the pan on medium high heat.Cook the mixture on medium to medium high heat, alternating in between the temperatures.VERY IMPORTANT - Constantly stir the mixture to avoid burning.
- The mix of condensed milk and ricotta will be very liquidy to begin with. It will start solidifying and start coming together eventually. Manage the heat.
- My mix took exactly 13 minutes, when it started leaving the sides of the pan and came together.IMPORTANT- If you are using the Paneer, the recipe and method is same. It might take 8-10 minutes for Paneer and condensed milk to come together, since Paneer is more solid in texture than the ricotta.
- Switch off the heat. Transfer the kalakand mix to the greased or lined tray/bowl.Spread it out evenly with a spatula or hand (if you can take some heat).Sprinkle the cardamom powder + chopped almonds & pistachios on top.
- Press it down gently. Let it set for 2 hrs before cutting into squares.For cleaner edges, refrigerate the kalakand to cool down. Cut into desirable pieces! Enjoy!I love kalakand when it’s chilled.
Can I make it in Instant Pot?
- You probably can. Cook it on saute mode. Start with Medium Heat on Saute mode and then switch to low heat towards the later part of the cooking. If you have non stick inner pot, then use that.
I hope you try it. Please leave your feedback in the comments section if you try it.
Can’t Make it Now? PIN KALAKAND – EASY & QUICK RECIPE FOR LATER!
In my Kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!!