Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans is a must make recipe. It is not only Vegan & Gluten-free but also a Dump & Cook Recipe. The Vegan Mexican Black Beans or Frijoles Negros are best served as a side to your Mexican spread or eat as is as a Black Bean Soup.
Scroll down towards the end of the post for the COMPLETE RECIPE. In between, you will find tips & suggestions to make this recipe with variations and alternatives.
No Prep + Vegan Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans Recipe – Just Dump & Cook
I am sure I have mentioned it before that I love Mexican Food or should I say Tex Mex Food. Living in Texas for a few years has made me hooked to some good Tex Mex cuisine.
My girls can have a good Mexican dish at any time of the week. Since they love it so much, I make the spread often at home. Black Beans is definitely one of our family favorites.
When I have time, then I go all out and make a labor-intensive preparation. But on busy days which is most of the time, this recipe comes so handy and saves my meal.
How do I serve the Vegan Mexican Black Beans for my family?
- Serve hot and comforting Mexican Black Beans alongside some Mexican Rice, it creates a full meal.
- Or make it slightly soupier. Add the toppings of your choice and it is that Restaurant Style Perfect Black Bean Soup.
- Serve it as a side with your Fajita Vegetables and Tortillas.
- Fill your Tacos with it and have a hearty meal. Use hard taco or soft taco, yes it is your choice.
Vegan & Glutenfree Mexican Black Beans in Instant Pot Ingredients
Kitchen Tools Used in making No Prep Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans
How to make Vegan Mexican Beans in Instant Pot?
It is the easiest thing to make in your Instant Pot. Just 1 step recipe. Great, isn’t it?
- Put the inner pot inside your IP. Plug it in. Put all the mentioned ingredients. Stir and Cook. That’s it.
FOR THE COMPLETE RECIPE, SCROLL DOWN FURTHER.
How is the Texture of the Black Beans using this Recipe to the T?
I like mushy beans, therefore at 25 minutes, NPR, the texture of these beans is soft and melt in the mouth. If you like more bite to your beans, then cook only for 18 minutes and follow NPR.
Can I use Canned Black Beans to make this recipe?
Yes, you can.
The time of cooking in IP will be reduced to 8 minutes for canned beans and at Normal Pressure. Follow NPR (natural pressure release) after the timer goes off.
Do I have to SOAK the BLACK BEANS before making this recipe?
Though I recommend soaking the beans for any recipe since it is good for digestion.
But if you do not want to, then you can make this recipe without soaking the black beans.
The time of cooking the Black Beans in IP will increase to 45 minutes at High/More Pressure cook setting. If you want more bite in your beans, then cook only for 38 minutes and follow NPR.
Top Reasons to Make this Dump & Cook Mexican Black Beans in Instant Pot
I would say go for this recipe, because –
- If you are a newbie then this is that Perfect FIRST RECIPE to try in your INSTANT POT.
- Since these MEXICAN BLACK BEANS is a NO-PREP or DUMP & COOK RECIPE, it is perfect for your weeknight meal planning.
- It is EASY TO MAKE & MAKE AHEAD RECIPE.
- This dish is FREEZER FRIENDLY.
- It is a VEGAN & GLUTENFREE RECIPE.
- The best part is that it is a ZERO OIL RECIPE. Yes, not a single drop of oil.
- If you are following the WEIGHT WATCHERS PROGRAM, then this is 0 SMART POINT recipe for 1 serving.
- And the most important reason, it is super delicious and nutritious as well.
- You can easily personalize it with the toppings of your choice.
A Quick Bowl Meal with Vegan Dump & Cook Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans Recipe
I always have this or Instant Pot Mexican Pinto Beans handy to make my favorite Mexican Rice Bowl for lunch.
This is what I need to make my favorite Vegetarian Chipotle Style Bowl –
- Instant Pot cooked Mexican Black Beans or Pinto Beans.
- Cook some Quick Fiesta Rice from those Knorr’s ready to cook rice packet.
- Always have Shredded Lettuce at hand.
- Some Homemade Salsa or Bottled Salsa. Even a good Instant Pot Salsa Verde works.
- A handful of chopped Onions & Jalapenos.
- And a good dash of Lime or Lemon Juice.
Vegan Instant Pot Recipes from Simplyvegetarian777
Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes from Simplyvegetarian777
Instant Pot Eggless Desserts from Simplyvegetarian777
Vegan & GlutenFree Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans – No Prep Recipe
Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans - Vegan + Dump & Cook Recipe
- 16 ounce or 1 pound Black Beans, Dry
- 1&1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Oregano, dry
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Cayenne pepper powder to taste
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce, canned low sodium or salt free
- To taste Salt
- 5 cups Water
Garnish/Toppings for VEGAN
- Chopped Cilantro Leaves
- Chopped Jalapeno
- Chopped Onions
- Wash and soak the black beans for 3-4 hours. DIscard the water when ready to cook.
- Place the inner pot inside the Instant Pot. Plug it in.
- Add soaked black beans, canned tomato sauce, cumin powder, oregano dry, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and water to the inner pot. Give it a good stir.
- Place the lid of the IP. Set the floating valve to SEALING. Press Pressure Cook/Manual Mode. Set it on HIgh/More for 25 minutes. When the timer goes off, follow NPR (natural pressure release). For more bite in beans, cook for 18 minutes, follow NPR.
- Serve it warm with Mexican Rice or as is like a Black Bean Soup. Squeeze some lime juice, chopped jalapeno + cilantro leaves and add some salsa on top for more flavors.
If not soaking the Beans
- Then cook for 45 minutes on pressure mode on HIGH/MORE and follow NPR. For more bite, in the beans, cook for 38 minutes only and follow NPR.
If using Canned Beans
- Use low sodium or salt-free canned beans. Cook for only 8 minutes in IP on pressure cook mode on NORMAL setting. Follow NPR.
I am sure you are going to try it soon. If you do, then please leave your feedback under the comments.
Can’t make it now? Pin this Vegan Frijoles Negros or Vegan Mexican Black Beans in Instant Pot Recipe for Later.
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!