Instant Pot Asian Quinoa Salad Easy Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Instant Pot Asian Quinoa Salad is a yummy vegan quinoa recipe. Asian Quinoa salad is a refreshing & crunchy salad. It includes Super Easy Peanut Dressing Recipe.
Important – Scroll down to the bottom the COMPLETE RECIPE. I have provided Recipe related tips and information in between.
Can’t make it now? Pin this Instant Pot Quinoa Recipe for later.
Easy & Delicious Instant Pot Asian Quinoa Salad
Since we as family are huge on ASIAN FOOD, I thought of creating a refreshing Crunchy Salad for the family. And that is how this Yummy Vegan Quinoa Asian Salad happened.
You know this is what I like about Quinoa. It blends so well with any recipe and any cuisine. Quinoa just absorbs all the flavors of a recipe without lending its own. To me, it is bland like rice and much nuttier in taste.
Probably you have noticed a pattern in my recipes recently. If not then here it is –
- Lately my recipes are focused on Easy & Healthy Recipes.
- These recipes are simple to follow but filled with TONNES OF FLAVOR.
- If it is still not obvious, then yes QUINOA is the star of my recipes. It is so easy to play with and cooks faster than any other grain.
Therefore, you must subscribe today to get Easy and Delicious recipes directly in your mailbox. You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter for regular updates.
Vegan Instant Pot Quinoa Recipes from Simplyvegetarian777
Since I have already mentioned above that I am a huge QUINOA FAN, I have quite a few popular quinoa recipes on the blog. Check it out and do make it for your SUMMER PARTIES or GET TOGETHERS. I bet these will become your regular meals on the Electric Pressure Cooking Menu.
The best part is that these all are VEGAN QUINOA RECIPES.
VEGAN INSTANT POT ASIAN QUINOA SALAD INGREDIENTS
The Basic Ingredients used in Asian Salad are pretty simple. Rest are add-ons and can be easily modified to your choice. Do check out the Recipe for my SIMPLE ASIAN DRESSING.
- Mukamame Beans – These are the soy beans commonly known as Edamame Beans. These are easily available in the frozen vegetable section.
- Asian Salad from the fresh produce section. Or you can chop your own Cabbage, Purple Cabbage, Carrots, Broccoli slaw for that extra crunch and bulk in the salad. Check out my CHOPPED ASIAN SALAD for the reference.
- Salt & Pepper
Substitute for Mukamame Beans – If you can not spot a bag of frozen mukamame beans or edamame beans in your local grocery store. Then you can easily use Extra Firm Tofu grilled or baked or fried to substitute the Beans.
Asian Peanut Dressing Ingredients
If you are like me then you probably can drink all of your peanut dressing. Call me crazy, but that’s me. The flavors are so bold and bursting and balanced that it is just amazing.
Here are the ingredients for the Vegan Asian Dressing –
- Lime Juice
- Soy Sauce – You may used light or dark soy sauce. I like using Dark for more depth in the flavor. If you are gluten-free, use TAMARI SAUCE.
- Peanut Butter
- Sriracha – You may use any Asian Hot Sauce or sub with some chili flakes.
Kitchen Gadgets Needed to make ASIAN INSTANT POT QUINOA SALAD
You will need these Kitchen Equipment to make Asian Quinoa Salad in Electric Pressure Cooker –
- Instant Pot 3 Quart or larger. You can easily make it in MEALTHY MULTIPOT as well. I have personally tested Mealthy Multipot. It is as excellent as Instant Pot and has all the functions. It comes much cheaper as well for 6 quart and all the accessories bundled up in it. If you would like, you must check out Mealthy Crisp Lid as well which they are launching later in June. It works as an air-fryer and broiler over your 6 quart lid of IP as well.
- Chopping Board and Knife
- High Speed Blender like Magic Bullet. Have been using for last 10 years….still love it.
- Hand Held Juicer
- Kitchen strainer
How to make VEGAN LETTUCE WRAPS from ASIAN QUINOA SALAD?
You guys – you will thank me million times for fixing this OIL FREE + GLUTEN FREE + VEGAN & HEALHTY RECIPE.
It is perfect for your –
- Summer Potlucks
- Barbeque Get togethers
- Asian Themed Meals
- Make Ahead Meal ideas
- Lunch Boxes
- Busy Weeknight Meals
These Vegan Lettuce Wraps are so easy to put together. This is how –
- Take a large Ice-burg Lettuce or lettuce of your choice. Wash it thoroughly and dry it in SALAD SPINNER.
- Separate the leaves. Put the Asian Quinoa Salad together.
- Then take a Lettuce Leaf and place a tablespoon full of quinoa salad in the middle. Roll it up and crunch.
I am telling you that if you take this to your next get together, YOU WILL BE THE STAR of the show.
How to cut out the After Taste of Quinoa?
Honestly I get this question asked every-time I post a Quinoa Recipe. I never find any after taste. But that is me. I am not that sensitive to so many after tastes or rather enjoy those. For those of you who do get that after taste, then here are 2 things that you can do to get rid of-
- Wash your Quinoa thoroughly under COLD RUNNING WATER. Place it in a sieve or strainer and wash.
- Use a good brand of Quinoa. I use Simply Organic from Aldi and am pretty happy.
How to Cook Perfect Quinoa in an Electric Pressure Cooker?
I use 1:1 ratio of water & quinoa when I cook it in my Instant Pot or MEALTHY MULTIPOT. It never has disappointed me for that EVERY GRAIN SEPARATED TEXTURE. Cook it for 2 minutes in your electric pressure cooker and let NPR (natural pressure release).
Simplyvegetarian777 INSTANT POT VEGAN ASIAN RECIPES
Red Thai Curry, Green Thai Curry, Kung Pao Noodles, Thai Curry Noodles, Tom Yum
Simplyvegetarian777 INSTANT POT CAKES
Mason Jar Cakes, Red Velvet Cake, Banana Bread,Confetti Cake, Chocolate Cake
Siplyvegetarian777 INSTANT POT INDIAN CURRIES
Chana Masala, Saag Aloo, Red Kidney Beans Curry,Potato & Eggplant Curry, Pav Bhaji
Check out this detailed video for the recipe.
How to make Instant Pot Asian Quinoa Salad?
Instant Pot Asian Quinoa Salad
- Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Mukamame Beans Edamame Beans without the shell
- 1 cup Water
- 1 small bag Asian chooped salad bag or Rainbow Slaw you may chop your own by combining cabbages, carrots and broccoli. Need about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup Roasted Nuts
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs chopped like mint, thai basil or cilantro leaves Toppings
- 4 Green Scallions chopped
Asian Peanut Dressing
- 1&1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce dark or light or low sodium or Tamari sauce - your choice
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 Lime Juice
- Place the inner pot inside the Instant Pot. Plug it in. Wash the Quinoa under cold running water.
- Add washed quinoa and 1 cup frozen mukamame beans in the pot. Add 1 cup water and little salt and pepper to it. Close the Lid. Set the Valve to Sealing. Press the Manual / Pressure Cooker Mode and set on HIGH/MORE. Set the time for 2 MINUTES. When the Time is up, follow NPR (natural pressure release). Open the lid carefully. Fluff up the Quinoa gently with a fork or spoon.
- Let it cool down before you make a salad out of it. You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate. I refrigerated mine for 2 minutes and it was ready to be used.
- Meanwhile Make your ASIAN PEANUT DRESSING.
ASIAN PEANUT DRESSING RECIPE
- Take a high speed blender. Add all the ingredients as mentioned under the Asian dressing. Blend on high speed till you get a smooth sauce. You may dilute it a little bit with water. It is a pretty thick sauce.
Putting Asian Quinoa Salad together
- Take a large bowl and add cold quinoa+beans mix. Add either the rainbow slaw mix or chopped cabbage & carrots mix plus some small broccoli florets. Add dry roasted nuts and the fresh herbs. Pour the Asian Salad Dressing and Toss it together. The salad is ready.
How to make Vegan Lettuce Wraps with this Salad?
- You will love making Lettuce Wraps with this Salad. We ate it for our sncak yesterday and I packed it for my girls lunch today.
- To make Lettuce Wraps, use a large ice burg lettuce and wash it thoroughly. Dry it and cut into 2 halves. Separate the leaves. Take a lettuce leaf and place some asian salad in between. Roll it up and crunch on it. It is just out of this world
How to pack Lettuce Wraps for Lunch Box?
- Pack the Salad and lettuce leaves separately. They can make their own wraps at the school. How cool is that?
If you try this recipe, then please share your feedback on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter.
In my kitchen, you will always EAT HAPPY & STAY HAPPY!
Can I use a natural peanut butter?
I guess so. Use whichever peanut butter you like.
This has become my new go-to dish. Who knew quick, easy and delicious could also be so HEALTHY! Thanks for the recipe.
Awww thank you so much
I want to take this to a picnic tomorrow but am preparing it today. Should I add the dressing today or wait until tomorrow?
Add it tomorrow in the morning. If you add today, it might make everything else soggy.
i have to try this. I’ve been using quinoa more and more late;y
You will love it. Quinoa is so good.
We eat Asian food at least once a week. It’s a favorite and even at our get togethers, we make sure it’s part of the food that will be served!
I love quinoa, it’s nutrients and versatility are great! Salads like this are perfect meal preps for summer.
This salad looks so good! What a delicious recipe and perfect for a light meal on a hot summer night!
Love how this is simple and easy recipe to make.
I love a good, flavorful quinoa salad. The girls are always looking to give something like this a try. We’ll make it together.
The Asian Peanut sauce is perfect for this salad! I will save this recipe and make it soon! It looks totally delish!
Instant pot quinoa salad looks delicious Sonal I haven’t tried quinoa in instant pot. I need to try it. filling and flavor rich salad.
I have been trying to find recipes with Quinoa in it to have my boyfriend try. I think he might actually like this!
I haven’t had quinoa for awhile. This is a good way to use it.
Omg that looks so yummy, I’d totally make it at home. These are the type of plates I order at the restaurant!!!
There’s a Quinoa after taste? LOL . I’ve never noticed it. It’s so healthy and good for you!
I’m crazy about quinoa and I eat it anyway, always looking for new recipes!
Quinoa salad is my favorite too. I loved your recipe, Edamame beans is also my favorite. Going to try this soon Sonal!
This sounds like a deliciously simple quinoa salad that is perfect for summer. I love salads like this, chilling out and eating the in the sunshine.
Well, this is an awesome salad! I love making good Asian food, especially if I can use my instant pot.
You had me at Asian peanut dipping sauce. I love this sauce so much, I couldn’t have enough of it whilst visiting Asia. Quinoa is such a healthy grain, perfect to replace rice.
Asian salads are the only way I have found that I enjoy quinoa. I can’t wait to make this one, especially with that peanut dressing!
I love simple dishes that are processed and don’t skimp on flavor. The peanut dipping sauce sounds so good! I can’t wait to give this a try this summer!
Fantastic salad – healthy, delicious and yum! Fantastic salad for this hot season – can’t wait to make it at home now!